Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Driving....

Hey all,

Does anyone else get stressed about driving? Man Im havin to switch from standard to automatic and back and all this stuff (I can drive both pretty good), but like driving is scary sometimes. I mean with an automatic I feel like its too easy to get going too fast down a hill, and I get feelin out of control, and I dont like that. It seems lots of people in the past 2 years have been in car accidents nad killed that I know of, and geez. Its just sick how easy an accident can happen, and how easy you can get killed or something, its frightening. I want to be able to drive good and feel confident about it, and feel like I can handle situacions. I just get stressed and frustrated. And my dad (when he does ride with me) always has to make comments of how Im not doin this or that right, which REALLY doesnt help. I mean I get feeling like Im not that capable.

Oh gosh, we just bought a manual car and i CAN'T drive it! There's waaay too much to think about and I just freeze. I'm supposed to drive it to work on monday...[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]and i'm can't. I guess practice will make perfect, but I agree, Galadriel that driving can be stressful. Although sometimes i like to go for a nice drive in the hills to relax. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

yes! i don't even drive for fear of screwing up. i'm 20 and don't have my license yet! i've gone once, and i failed miserably.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

im almost 21 and havent even tried for my liscence...im on permit number 3..lol..and its all because im scared to death that i will get in an accident!!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks