Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: question ???

what are you more frigtned of.. others v* or yourself ?

Myself more than others - but others V* still freaks me out.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yes im am of both but more myself [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

myself...both...ah
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

myself-only others if it is something they can pass to me. So if someone
    with morning sickness from pregnancy, or some one taking chemo vomits
    I'm ok with it.

Myself, if someone V* becos they are drunk/pregnant It still panics me and idont like it but it bothers me much less as I know"i wont catch it".

Laney

Myself, but I hate both!!

both. V* scares me regardless of who it happens to.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

both but more myself!

Others, by far.

OTHERS -- I feel like a terrible mother this time of year because if she looks or acts "off" I avoid her like the plague. I had panic attacks from Christmas until February when I had hypnotherapy which helped me GREATLY!!!

I have not had the opportunity to see if I am cured (thankfully) but can tell you that I have not had a panic attacksince February 8th and I was having then each and every night onmy way home from work. It was so bad that my parents were keeping my daughter almost every night.

I finally have the peace ofmind I have been lacking since my earlyteens(my father was very ill with stomach problems during my childhood -- I think that's where my phobia stems from).

Myself, but I hate when other people do it or tell stories about doing it.
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]Other people!!! Its the noise, the look, the smell [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img], the threat of ittouching me..just the whole thing of someone else doing it!

I don't mind when I v*, just as long as theres someone with me to hold my hair &amp; bring me sips of water &amp; soothe me... my mum was great when it came to looking after me when I was young... &amp; up to me moving out when I was 24. Now I have to deal with EVERYTHING myself... my two kids &amp; my other half [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]How distressing.. but these things were sent to try us &amp; I cope as well as I can.. well..most of the time... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

If it is not contagious I have NO problem with being around and cleaning up If I know it is a bug then see you later Daddy is cleaning it up and I'm hiding in the basement ---bottom line I do NOT want to V*
    You MUST do the thing you fear the most- E. Roosevelt

I am such a baby about it...TOTAL baby!! I am more afraid of myself. I am afraid of others doing it only if it is a sv*, otherwise, I don't like it or try to intentionally look, but I can handle it.

myself, i have no problem being around v*ing people as long as they aren't contagious.
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Me, but others if they are contagious.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Myself mostly, others if they are contagious.

My husband has a weak stomach and throws up all the time (indigestion, nerves, grief) and it doesn't bother me-I will kiss him right after (provided he has brushed, of course). I don't want to be around it per se-hearing it doesn't particularly bother me, but I certainly don't want to see or smell it, much less clean it up.

Morning sickness, drunk sickness, etc. doesn't bother me , but I definitely don't want to watch.

OTHERS!!! By far! Mostly, I'm afraid of it somehow touching me.....eeeeeeewwwww! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

If it isn't from sv, I am not bothered if someone is v*ing around me. Unless it is food poisoning and we have eaten at the same place.

I am far more scared of v*ing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kristi425
    OTHERS!!! By far! Mostly, I'm afraid of it somehow touching me.....eeeeeeewwwww! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Hahahaha- me too Kristi! I can deal with myself throwing up- in fact, I'm at the point now where I can take a vomit interlude when needed, and then go about my business as though it never occured.

Others though- I don't care if it is because they have a virus, indigestion, motionsickness, have drank too much, etc- vomit is vomit to me, no matter what the cause!

*amber*

Like most others, I'm more afraid of myself. And if someone is sick due to something I won't catch, it's not too bad!

It's 50-50 for me! One's as bad as the other. I honestly couldn't choose!

I'm with you crimgoddess!

Myself. Definitely.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.