Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: No appetite...

Recently i have had no appetite... i don't know why... Whats wrong with me?? [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I get scared when this happens.. cos i think.. 'oh my body is telling me not to eat, i must be ill!'

But this week i have been needing to 'go' to the toilet a lot.... if ya know what i mean [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]and i've had exams all this week so it's been really hard for me... but i've managed to cope sumhow [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]i had an awful tummy ache in my maths exam [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

do you think i'm getting ill? [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

nope. sounds lke stress to me! i'm sure you're fine, you said yourself you're doing exams all week!

i say drink tons of water, eat when you're hungry (and good foods too!) and you'll be okay. i know how it feels to be stressed out to the point of feeling sick.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

and i've had quite a bit of chocolate actually.. but i can'thelp it.. i eat when i'm bored and lonely. and it's just a habit.. i.e. oh it's 10am i need chcocolate... oh it's 4pm i need some chocolate now

you know what i mean? i've grown up with them times nearly all me life!

but when it comes to lunch time, or dinner time.. i'm always hungry, so i always think theres something wrong with me if i' not hungry [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]i get so parinoid about stuff!!

It could be stress i suppose... but i dont tend to get stressed out bout exams, or maybe i'm just trying to kid meself [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

i'm tryingto think if i've eaten anythign dodgy..... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

its hot louise.. mayb its the weather thats making u lose ur appetite... and the stress of exams..

ur not ill im sure.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oh no.. i woke up this mornign feeling reallyyyyy ICKY!!!

And i'm going shopping 2 newcastle with my best friend today.. and she has been looking forward to this day all month i think! lol

I had a cereal bar for brekkie, but i just forced it down.. i really did not want to eat it [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]But i'm extra worried cos i know whats gonna happen... i'm gonna be ill on sunday, which is the day of my prom [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Louise - you are NOT giong to be ill at all. Go shopping with your friend, have a wonderful day, eat small snacks at some nice cafes while you are having a good gossip. Before you know it, you will have some food in your stomach, be all relaxed and happy and feeling tonnes better.

Tomorrow (Saturday), how about chilling out and pampering yourself so you look WONDERFUL for the prom - after your exams you deserve to relax.

The enjoy the prom. You will have a great time and make some wonderful memories.

As others have said, the most likely cause of you feeling 'off' is the stress of the exams, even though you are not conscious of it.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

But... i feel different to normal.. i feel sick [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I'll have plenty of chewing gum with me though.. and my friend knows bout my emet.! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

2moro, i'm getting my hair done, and maybe my nails....

but i'm always ill when it comes to special events... such as skool trips etc. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Louise, trust me - it's just nerves. You are NOT ill. We all feel a bit off when something big approaches - none emets call it 'butterflies in the stomach' and laugh about it. To us, it's a trigger to have all those negative 'I feel sick' thoughts, and that is just a downward spiral. We convince ourselves we feel ill, and that makes us more nervous, so we feel even worse - you get the picture.

The best thing you can do is do something to take you mind off how you feel - a day of retail therapy in Newcastle sounds perfect (can I come!!!). Go out and have a good time, and don't talk about feeling unwell - you need to gossip and laugh and talk about clothes and shoes and things so that you don't dwell on how you think you're feeling.

I know - I'm lecturing, and I'm sorry. I DO know how you feel, but I also KNOW that you are absolutely fine and you must not let this combination of exam stress and nervous excitement ruin your plans.

Shop till you drop, girl.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Jill xxx

haha! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]you can come if you want.. but you have half an hour to get up here, or down or wherever you are [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]hehe!

But i feel like the time i was on holiday in greece a few yrs ago, and i had some of their water by accident, and i had a bit of a tummy bug, i wasnt sick though...

eee thats weird, my auntie is in greece now where we went... weird... haha [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Louise it definitely sounds like nerves and stress to me hon. You need to go out and enjoyu you shopping trip and I promise you that you are not going to be ill. I had a terrible stomach pain for a day or two last week and feel like v'ing but I knew exactly what it was - STRESS. I knew it would pass. I was scared too but I knew that I wasn't going to v. I promise you will be absolutely fine. Take care and have a nice day today. x.

Just got back from shopping.... i'm absolutly knackerd!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

At one point, i thought i was going to be sick, cos i went all light headed etc. but i was really dehydrated!

Shopping was fun.... i bought a new cord black jacket, which is very nice! make-up, n stuff... and bag and jewellry for the prom! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

way to go Louise... glad ya had fun

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im glad you had fun shopping..and I am SURE you will be fine for prom..

if you convince yourself you are going to be sick..you will come down with something..you just ned to convince yourself that you are fine and will be come prom. Prom is awesome girl...dont worry or stress..relax and enjoy...eat some healthy foods..fruits..stuff like that..and have a kick butt time at the prom!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I'm glad you had such a good day. Are you starting to feel any better yet?? Usually if you just take your mind off your stress/nerves you tend to feel a bit better.

Yeh, i'm feelin much better [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Been to the hairsresers this morning [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]my hair is very nice [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]hehe

good good! How many exams have you get yet? Cant be that many

Just 2! yayyyy [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Textiles and business [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]