Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: err i have emet

well i just found out that i have emet... the two things im afraid of is vomiting in public and vomiting blood for some odd reason anyone else scared of these two things?? and is it even possible to vomit blood?

Yeah, vomiting in public is my biggest fear of all - I don't go anywhere without a plastic bag, and I also look for the exits/toilets/dark alleyways etc., anywhere I can be alone.

Vomiting blood is possible. I just had a look at a medicial website and it listed the following causes:
    <LI>Prolonged and vigorous retching (may cause a tear in the small blood vessels of the throat or the esophagus, producing streaks of blood in the vomit)
    <LI>Bleeding ulcer located in the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus
    <LI>Irritation or erosion of the lining of the esophagus or stomach
    <LI>Bleeding esophageal varices
    <LI>Vascular malformations of the GI tract
    <LI>Tumors of the stomach or esophagus
    <LI>Esophagitis
    <LI>Gastritis
    <LI>Ingested blood (for example, swallowed after a nosebleed)
    <LI>Gastroenteritis </LI>

Nice reading eh??? Welcome to the site by the way!!

It is very possible to V* blood! That is one of my fears too... I am petrified of my stomach bleeding and me V* blood. People who suffer from bulimia have blood in their V* sometimes - it is really much more common than people think, but it is still potentially life threatening.

Welcome to the site *hugs*
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I afraid to V anything... even blood.

Its possible if you have ulcer, gastritis... suze wrote everything.

I am hugely afraid of v* in public and like suze always carry a plastic bag and look for exits and so on.......however I also fear others v* so its doubly bad!!! If Im shopping and I hear coughing I panic, likewise if im in a pub or anywhere public!!!

Welcome to the site, hopefully you will find support and reasurance here like I have.

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]