Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Okay unlike many of you I'm a slob...a complete and utter slob...there I admit it! Anyway I have to clean my kitchen tonight and it's MEGA dirty. I threw away all the stuff in the fridge I'm not using and also the stuff in the feezer...but there is like grime in the sink and on the floor of the fridge. Okay sorry to ramble but I have to know can cleaning make you sick? I mean touching all this nasty stuff...will it make me sick? I've already washed my hands with antibacterial soap 3 times cause some of this stuff is like Nasty! And I know you are thinking "How could an EMET let things get this way?" Well I don't know but I can tell you I'm never letting it get this way again! So to answer my question, can you get sick from cleaning?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Id say you have 10x's more chance from not cleaning!!!

I clean alot,Its a huge part of my OCD and spend alot of the day cleaning and checking things..

just wear rubber gloves get the bleach out and clean everything!!

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wish I had rubber gloves (LoL I bet I'm not sounding like an Emet) but I don't have any more I keep forgetting to get them. But I will clean anyway...thanks Violet!

~Monica

No probs hun,just keep washing the hands then and try not to get to much bleach on them because it stings like hell awch lol

xx

I am emet and I have my fair share of horror germ stories because I can be really digusting and unhygenic! I tend to have some areas of my life and routine that are so perfectly clean and other areas to be desired.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I mean I'm pretty much a slob but I clean once or twice a week...tonight I did some MAJOR ASS cleaning though that's why I made this post...you wouldn't BELIEVE how dirty my kitchen was!

~Monica

Quote Originally Posted by violet
    Id say you have 10x's more chance from not cleaning!!!

I clean alot,Its a huge part of my OCD and spend alot of the day cleaning and checking things..

just wear rubber gloves get the bleach out and clean everything!!

x

This is EXACTLY what I do! I swear, you can DRINK from my toilets, they're so clean!! I find that on bathroom sinks, cleanser works well also, gets all the stubborn grime off.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well, Monica, if you have been eating the stuff from the fridge and using the sink and so on, and you didn't get sick from that, then you certainly aren't going to get sick from touching it to clean.

I'm a slob too. It's fine. You don't have to have any certain characteristic to be an emetophobic.

I'm a bit messy too, so don't worry (when I am being really lazy, I try to convince myself that I am trying to build my resistance of the bugs... very lazy, I know, but I hate cleaning!).

I usually have gloves, but if I run out, and I have to clean somehting really yukky, I use a sandwich or freezer bag as a glove. Not as easy to use as wearing gloves, but can still keep the worst off when it comes to touching the yukky stuff. As for cleaning hte fridge, just make sure you use the right stuff as some chemicals can be too harsh on the plastic and cause damage.

Good luck!

I'm a slob, too. My kitchen is always a mess. . . . I don't wear gloves or anything when I clean out the fridge, just dump it and wash my hands.

I'm not neat either, and when I clean the bathroom I don't just wear
    rubber gloves I wear disposable ones. Other than that though I don't
    usually wear anything for cleaning. Except if I'm like cleaning an
    extremely dirty pot in the kitchen sink because gunk feels horrible on
    my hand and it dries them out.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Monica, Icertainly could give you a run-for-your-money on slob of the month. Up until...well, ten minutes ago, I had to clear a small walkway from the door of my room to my bed so that I could sleep! However, i have also let my fridge get the way yours has, and I had EXACTLY the same thoughts. However, chances are that there is nothing icky in there, and it is just harmless dirt. Plus, you washed your hands! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!