Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: pea-anic attack

Did anyone see the article in the Sun newspaper today re phobias??

Apparently this women has a phobia about peas, now I consider myself to be very sympatheitc to people who suffer badly with phobias becos of my emet, but peas!!!!!!! (Ihope no-one is offended but I struggle with the concept that someone has a phobia about peas).

On the good side the article mentions the top 10 phobias in the UK and emetophobia is the4th most common. The 10weirdest phobias is kinda amusing though and at least makes me feelthat our phobiais not silly.......I mean how can anyone have a phobia aboutvegetables or the bogeyman!!!

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

no i didnt i wish i had now !! but at least people might realise just how common it is !!

I saw that in a different paper. It mentioned someone who's afraid of canoes! But at least when she's at home, she's safe. Unlike us emets.

I remember years ago, I was watching a programme about phobias and there was a woman on who was terrified of frogs. Now, I love frogs. My house is full of froggy things and I must be one of the very few people who likes Crazy Frog! So, I'm watching this and thinking, what's to be scared of? It's only frogs. (shameful of me, I know ) The programme ended, and the next one came on - Weddings From Hell. And the very first scene is of a groom who looks like he's going to faint - but he v*s everywhere!!!

From smug to hysterical in 5 minutes! Talk about karma!

My girlfriend Amy has a fear of dust. It can be odd if you think about it, we fear v* because the sensation is horrible, and possibly had a traumatic experience whilst young. Yet I asked her "what exactly are you scared of". It's just "dust". She then gave me a good answer "People fear spiders they know can't hurt them."

True, I love spiders, huntsmens, etc, I simply CAN'T pick up or go within 2 metres of a live huntsmen. I know the bite may hurt but can't poison me.