Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: daughter sick

I was just putting my daughter to bed when she told me her tummy hurt. The next minute she ran to the batroom and v*ed. She had d* 2 nights ago but has been fine since and now this.

I am panicing now as I thought my children just had a d* bug. I can not stop shaking. I need my husband.

I am so sorry curly wurly...thank goodness she can get to the bahtroom by herself so at least you don't have to deal with that. When does hubby get home?
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Hi Sally,

Dont panic. At least she made it to the loo. Do you think this was from your mil? You poor thing. Just take deep breath and relax. How is she now?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

Just want to say that I completely sympathise! My partner works away from home a lot and that's always when my kids get sick! Hopefully this is just a one-off and has no connection with the d*. But god, what I'd say to your mother-in-law if I had the chance!

Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Fiona x

Sending you hugs and warm wishes....i do hope things turn around for you soon. Keep your chin up and stay strong for your daughter. When will your husband be home? Is there anyone else you can call for support? I know you are scared but you can't show that to your daughter...just try to stay as calm as you can. It will pass soon. We will be thinking of you...keep us posted.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

didn't you guys just go through this a couple of weeks ago? you poor dear. how are you doing? how is she? ...keep us posted!!!

Oooh noooo! I am so sorry. Is she ok now?

Thank you everyone for your kind words

Well she has v*d again so now I am really panicing. Her tummy is really hurting her now as well, so it looks like an sv.Usually I can call on my mum to come and sit with me for a while when the children V*, but since she is in the middle of chemotherapy it is just me since my husband is away until 1st July.

I can not work out why my family keep getting so many svs. This is the 3rd one in the house since January. It is the first one that has made my daughter v* though. I am already worrying about my son catching it.

I am finding it so hard to comfort my daughter but I know I have too. I am hoping she will fall asleep soon. She keeps telling me she is alright, bless her heart, as she knows how upset it makes me. She is only 6 years old andso brave and I am a real whimp in a complete mess, sitting here in tears and just wanting to run away from it all.

OMG I am so sorry about this.....i just can't believe how many sv's are going around and it seems like they can hit more than once.....i don't understand. I hate it for everyone....and especially ones like us that don't deal with it well.....my prayers are with you and your daughter and your son....i hope that at least your son and you don't catch this!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Oh help! She had just gone off to sleep, then woke suddenly and v*d all over her bed and bedroom floor. I have just cleaned up everywhere but now I am in such a panic. I hate this so much.

That is my worst fear. That my son will get sick and I will be home alone with him. I am so sorry you had to go through that. How is everyone now? Are you ok?

kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

My daughter has gone off to sleep again now so hopefully that will be all. I really hope so. I do not think I can take much more. I so badly need a hug from my husband or just someone to talk to. I tried ringing my mum but she has already gone to bed. My good friend is out. I had a quick chat to another friend but she does not really understand why I am so scared. I am shaking so much I can hardly type.

im so sorry to hear how hard it is ... i remeber when my daughter who was 6 had it .. she couldnt keep anything down for 24 hours .. i hated every minute of it .. if you have just open the window take 5 mins and carry on .. YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT

I understand and have been there. My husband knows how freaked out I get and he is supportive but I don't think he really understands. Both of my sisters just tell me I worry too much about it. My coworkers make fun of me when I lysol and wipe down the place if someone has had a bug. I hate being this way and I hate it so much for all of us. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better but I know I would be reacting the same way you are if I were you!!!!!! {{{hugs}}}

kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I just wish I could stop shaking and breathe normally. I really hope my daughter does not v* again. I keep watching the clock, willing her to make an hour without any more v*, then hopefully 2 hours..... It is so irrational and yet I still do it. I think it is going to be a very long night.

you will be fine ..... open the window get abit of fresh air .. try and relax a little ...

iknow its hard i'd love nothing more than to sit with my 6 year old when shes ill but i cant !!!

i feel so bad !!

i wish i could help !!

big hugs !!

Curly hu,

Just noticed this post..

How are things now??

Thinking of you hun, call me if you need me xxxxxx

Thanks Jodi and violet.

So far no more v*. I have opened the window and I am trying so hard to relax but at this moment I am not doing too well. I feel like such a bad mum. Yes, I did manage to give her a little cuddle, but I wish I could be more of a comfort to her. Thankyou once again for your kind words. I do not know where I would be without you all.

Could it be something besides a virus?
    Any time I've had an actual virus, my stomach doesn't HURT...I just feel nauseous.

Could it have been something she ate?

I do not think it was something she ate as we have all eaten the same and my daughter is the only one who is s*. Also, there is so much going round at the moment that we just do not seem able to avoid it.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Yuck.
    I'm very sorry...but you seem to be doing quite well!
    Stay positive!

Just read your post, I can't believe this is happening to you again. I am so sorry. I know you must be feeling very scared at the moment but you've dealt with this before and you can deal with it again. You are a fantastic mother, don't forget that. You're coping with this on your own remember, which is a huge huge task, but you're doing it and that shows unbelievable strength.

You know you can protect yourself and yourson by cleaning and disinfecting. As for the rest of the night, well you won't sleep much, but if you can handle being in the room with your daughter then you can get to her quickly if she wakes and ensure she v* in a bowl. I always find this so much easier to deal with as you don't have to look, or clean anything up.

Remember, sometimes the anticipation of it happening is the worst thing, but it's happened now and you are coping. Rather than hope it won't happen again, prepare yourself mentally that it might, then you will be prepared physically and mentally - this works for me to some extent.

I just don't know what else I can say to you, I wish you didn't feel so alone. If you're feelng very desperate, call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 - they are there to provide support for anyone in distress or anyone who needs someone to talk to - you don't have to be suicidal to call them.

Keep us posted. Thinking of you.

Thank you Katke and Suze

My daughter has been an hour and a half with no more v*, so I am hoping the worst has passed, but I am still just waiting for it to happen again. I am still shaking so much. You would think that after all this exposure therapy in the last couple of months would make me cope better, but I feel worse than ever right now. Just as I thought we were in the clear this happens. When will all these svs end? I have never known so many so close together. Its really scaring me.

My daughter has v*d again. Luckily not on her bed this time. She is a bit upset by it all but she is being much braver than me. I have been frantically cleaning. I have got through a bottle of dettol and have started on the 2nd. I have also washed and hung all the bedding on the washing line even though it is almost midnight here in the u.k.It can have a good blow about tonight. I wish it was morning.

im so sorry this is still happening hun..

is there no d* at all anymore?

Keep going sweetheart you are doing a brilliant job you really are!!

Everything you are doing is brilliant!

yup the sheets can have a good blow about till morning,sure they will be fine xxxxx

Thanks Violet. My daughter has no d* now and has had none since Tuesday am, so I am not sure if this is the same bug or something different which she has picked up from school or Rainbows on Monday.

I do not feel like I am doing a brilliant job. I should be sitting with her now, but she is so tired and just wants to sleep so I guess this is the best thing to let her do. Poor little girl. I just hope my son does not catch this one. I am worried as he is just getting over a cold and had d* until today, so if this is a different virus his little immune system is going to be low anyway.

Thankyou again Violet. Your kind words really do help.

It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. I know its very hard to deal with these things but she is almost through it. Just let her tummy rest and offer her sips of liquids. Room temperature is better as it is really easy on the stomach.

Just remember that that most important thing is to let the belly REST!

How are you doing?

Curly- you are doing a great job! You should be proud of yourself. I
    think we all understand the anxiety. Just keep going and let your mother
    instinct take over. It will all be over before you know it.

Thank you Madisonsmom

My daughter has been taking little sips of water. She is really drained now and just wants to sleep, so hopefully sleep will help her feel better. She has been so good about it. i just want her to feel better.

Well, so much for spring bringing an end to all these nasty svs. They seem to be around just as much as they were in the winter. I don't know whats going on.

Thank you Igood. I know my daughter needs me, it is a struggle but I am there for her. I just wish I could be there for her without panicing so much. Like you say, it should all soon be over.