Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Tight lacing

Does anyone here have experience wearing corsets? I'm considering VERY MODERATE tight-lacing--that is, not cinching to more than 4-6 inches below my natural waist size, trying to restructure my rib cage or anything crazy/potentially unhealthy like that. Is there any connection between corsets and vomiting? I love the corsetted silhouette but want to make sure it's safe by "our" definition before pursuing it for myself.

Is the corset intended to be for everyday wear or just occasional?

I have worn one, and I would say that the main issue is not being able to breathe deeply, which can make you feel dizzy/lightheaded. This caused me to become somewhat nauseous, but I know I was never in danger of vomitting. I just needed to sit down and get my bearings for awhile, lol.

It depends on your body and how well you know it- I would suggest trying it out around the house for awhile and see what happens.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh dear, the corset!

Flashback to the Victorian era.

Crim is correct about the dizziness. That's why if you read a 19th century British novel, the characters are often swooning.