Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

If you ever see v*/ or actually v* yourself .. how do you deal with it?

Last time i v* was due to, to much acid in my stomach from when i
    started eating again, but as i was v* i was ok and after felt a whole
    lot better and was calm. When i see someone v* on tv its not as bad,
    but if like one of my family get sick, thats when i panic more...
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I see someone else v*, I just stay. I don't run away, I just have my panic attack and have my moment and I'm much better off for it now.I feel like my whole world iscaving in for a while but it helps in the long run.My fear of other folk v*ing has been very much reduced [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]However, it took me a good while and a good therapist to realise this lol! Edited by: junglemonkey
    I traded my dreams for this mess of memories,
    And they just stopped working for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i totally freak no matter who it is

I am pretty much fine with seeing it on TV or seeing it on the internet - no biggie.

When I see it in real life, I am bothered by it - but not totally freaked, as long as I don't HEAR it happening or don't SMELL it! When I see it, I usually just try and get away from it.

When I do it, well... I haven't V* in 16-17 years (I was either 6 or 7 the last time I did it and I am not completely sure which age). I am hoping to feel relief after it happens because I am tired of living in the fear of the "unknown". I am hoping it feels digusting and unpleasant, but I am hoping what I learn from how my body alerts me to its' need to V* will better prepare me for knowing when I will do it next. Right now, I don't even know what signals my body is going to give me in preparation of V* and THAT is what freaks me out!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Well like today my dog V*ed (And then about 5 mins later ate it so I didn't have to clean it up) but when I first noticed it I actually had to get down and examine it...don't ask me why but I had to look at it. If I see it randomly on the street I don't freak out but I have to like LOOK at it to decide if it's V* or not.

I'm fine when I see it in the movies or on TV. ER is one of my favorite shows and so I sort of had to get used to seeing it.

When it happens in real life and I hear it/see it happening/smell it then I totally freak out, especially if it's one of my sisters. I don't know I tend to freak out more if it's a family member or friend, if it's just some random dude on the street or something I freak but I don't like run around screaming or crying or anything.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I stay calm, but panic inside, in virtually every scenario. In most cases these days, it's my children doing the v* and I pretty much keep it together as far as they know and I do what I have to do. Inside I am just going nuts. It is so horrible for me when DH is sick because he's so loud about it. He goes downstairs but it's still loud and clear. When I am sick, I no longer 'fight it' like I used to. I don't encourage it either but I try very hard to let my body do what it needs to do so that I can get better.