Quote Originally Posted by stella9

However, there is a increase of sv incidence worldwide. This has been cited by the CDC and other health organizations, whose objectives are to inform not to create hype and panic. My childrens' pediatrician has stated emphatically that sv incidents and outbreaks are on the rise. My son, who suffers from acid reflux and IBS, sees a pediatric gastroenterologist twice a year. This doctor has told me that sv'sandoutbreaks have increased dramatically. In fact, the rise is so substantial that it has baffled physicians and researchers alike. Public health officials have been tracking this rise to determinewhyitis spreading and how the spread can be diminished aside from the general hand washing, etc recommendations that we all know by heart.

I think that there are many different reasons for this:

1. increase of children numbers in some classrooms. i'm not exactly sure where you live, but in WA, where I live, classroom numbers increase by at least one or two every year. with more bodies in the same size space, germs are passed back and forth more and more.

2. increase in parents working often (I'm not saying this is the case for any working moms here, i'm just being general) means that more children are being sent to school sick. for example, when my mom was little, they stayed home for a mere cold. however when I got a cold, because my parents were both at work in the mornings, I was bundled up and sent off to school on my way.

3. viruses are powerful and there is really no cure for them. and, often like bacteria, they become resistant and devolop new ways to easily infect people. the common sv- could be getting more advanced in your area meaning more and more people are sick by it