Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

First off this isn't about having a UTI (urinary tract infection), there's already some threads about that. I'm just having some erm trouble that I was wondering if anyone has also had or knows anything about it?

I've been to the doc, and I know I don't have a UTI, but for a couple weeks I've felt like I've had this pressure on my bladder on and off, and I am not entirely sure why. I have had some constipation which may be the case, but I don't know if that is just what is doing this.

I don't have any burning or anything, but it just feels like theres a weight where my bladder is, and it gets very uncomfortable. It makes me feel like I haveto go more, but I don't pee anymore than usual, and when I keep trying to go not much happens.It does get better when I don't feel like my intestines are cramping/full.

I have started taking metamucil in hopes it will get things going. I just get afraid that what if I'm stuck with this? The odd thing is though, my husband has complained about the same symptoms (bladder pressure/constipation/sometimes poor urine flow) that I've had and his started about the same time mine did. His though has gotten better for the most part.

Can constipation/bladder problems be contagious? My dad had a bug (I think flu or some respiratory thing) and we both got this way about a week after seeing him (we visit about once a week).

Any help/suggestions/advice anything would be appreciated! Thanks. Edited by: Galadriel

Sorry, no suggestions on this end, but I got the same thing too, ever since I had sex for the first time, I've had something that is either or close to what you are feeling + the poor flow, etc.

Is it in anyway painful or causing high amounts of discomfort?

This link below has a women talking about something fairly similar, constipation + pressure on the bladder. Don't know if it will help but it mentions some things such as drinking cranberry juice (I recall reading this in a UTI thread but as you mentioned, it's not a UTI) but I guess you should take a look at the article.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/womenshealth/207210.html

Right hun,Any way you could be pregnant at all? Make sure you check that out.

Second,I have that sort of pressure due to my constipation/IBS quite alot really,it is uncomfortable and does affect me when I lye down and go to bed more than when im up walking around.

if it isnt a uti,then maybe the docs could see if they could do some tests if it keeps going on?

Make sure you try get as much excersise as possible and try some hor juice see if the eases it.

I really hope this stops as I know that feeling and as much as you can deal with it,it is uncomfortable..

Keep us posted hun xxx

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I feel a infection coming on down there I drink straight cranberry juice, it is sour so I just add ice, seems to help me out 100%

When I had uterine fibroids I was having lots of UTI's and I was experiencing the issues like you are with urinating. I had a fibroid that was sharing space with my bladder. Maybe ask your gyno about it just in case???
    Hope you feel better.

\"This too shall pass\"

Thank you very much for the replies!

Jay I'll have to check out that link.

Violet, so you get this too? I do have IBS and it seems to be in constipation mode right now urgh. I very much doubt I am pregnant as I just had my period about a week ago.

Shiva maybe I should get that checked out. When you had the fibroids, did the pressure keep on all the time constant, or did it come and go like I was describing? The thing is all that stuff (intestines, bladder, uterus, ovaries) is all cram jammed down there somewhere so it can be hard to determine just what is what. I am getting insurance started here soon, and I do at some point have to get a "girl exam", urgh I'm trying to get the courage to do that, is it really that bad?

If this does keep going and my bowels get to normal then yea I'm going back to the doc. The worst part is it just gets so uncomfortable, I feel like I don't want to move around much with it.

It actually came and went. It would be much worse as things were passing through if you know what i mean.. Or, when I would ovulate.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hmm well that is something to keep in mind if it doesn't go away. I imagine though they'd want to test for several different things (intestinal, bladder or female stuff).

Yes.. And hopefully they will check out all possible areas. Good luck with that.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Can constipation/bladder problems be contagious?

No, not at all. Kim