Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stomach Pains

I am not feeling very well this morning. I have had these sharp pains starting right under where my ribs meet, shooting down to my belly button. I have no idea waht is wrong with me. I ate a bagel and some grapes for breakfast, so I don't think I am hungry. I didn't sleep well last night because my MIL spent the night and had to get up really early to go to the airport. I was up late last night talkign to her then I heard her alarm going off this mornin gand was never able to really go back to sleep. As I was laying there I felt kind of off, but I figured it was just from me worrying about it and not getting enough sleep. When I got up I felt fine, and I have felt fine for the last 2 or 3 hours. I ate about an hour ago, so I am not sure what is wrong with me. I hope it is just anxiety and lack of sleep. My parents are going to have "the talk" tonight about getting divorced, and I think it is affecting me more that I first thought it was. Maybe the pain is just gas? I really don't know, but I can't take anything for it since I am pregnant. I hate feeling like this!

It does sound like gas pains.
    I get them every time I don't get enough sleep, or am stressed out, and since you have both of those PLUS being pregnant... [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I wouldn't worry.
    I've never had a virus or food poisoning that involved shooting stomach pains.

However, it also sounds vaguely like an ulcer (I have 5 of them), so if it continues or gets worse after eating certain foods, I'd see a doctor.

Well, the shooting pains seem to be gone, but now I am n*. I keep having to go to the bathroom, and although it isn't d*, it is loose and really stinky (sorry if TMI). I don't know if there is really something wrong, or if I'm doing it to myself from worrying. I just feel horrible. At times I wonder if I should try eating something, but then I just feel too sick to. I wondered if I could just be hungry, but I did eat a little for breakfast, so I don't see how that could be it. I just want to go home!

Being pregnant can do crazy things to your body and sometimes there is no explanation.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]If it gets any worse I would call your doc. seeing as how thereis really 2 of you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Hope you feel better.
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

That does sound like gas or maybe indigestion. Can you eat a couple of tums or maybe a zantac or something like that and see if that helps? Those are definitely safe during pregnancy. I took them almost every day when I was pregnant. Feel better!!!!

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

I'm at work and don't ahve wny antacids with me. I just tried eating my lunch, so we'll see how I feel now. I ate aNutrigrain bar a little while ago and felt okay with it, so I thought I would see if lunch helped. I am probably a little dehydrated too, so I am going to try and drink a lot of water and see if that helps.

bagels always give me the WORSt pains in my stomach they are very gassy and cause indigestion...

sounds like stress, acute sensitivity to the innerworkings of your body, and gas.

Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    sounds like stress, acute sensitivity to the innerworkings of your body, and gas.

I can definitely agree with the stress part! I talked to my parents today and they are in the midst of the "divorce" talk. We all knew it was coming, and it is actually a relief that it is finally happening. They have both been telling me forever that they were going to tell the other one it was time, but neither one has gotten the guts to do it. They finally did. My stress comes in that I told my dad before that if he needed a place to stay he could stay with my hubby and I in our condo. However, since that discussion, we have gone under contract and although we aren't moving for another month, we have a lot of cleaning/packing to do which would be really hard if my dad moves his stuff in to (whicih we don't have any room for I mgiht add). Plus, my SIL (16) and BIL (5) are visiting while they are on spring break. They got here last night and aren't leaving until Monday or Tuesday. I am happy to have them there, but if my dad were to move in that would just be too much - 3 adults, 2 kids and 2 big dogs in a two bedroom condo just doesn't work. We are having a house built and it won't be done until July or August, so between moving out of the condo and moving into the house we are going to live wih my mom. So, even if my dad were to move in with us now, he would have to move out soon anyway because he can't move back in with my mom too! I am hoping he just gets an apartment this weekend so we don't have to worry about it. So, needless to say, I am a little stressed right now. That is probably the majority of my problem!

Sounds like stress. I had severe chest pain yesterday and the only thing I can trace it to is stress --- I literally gave myself what felt like a heart attack and I was crying in pain. The pain eventually went away after I vented and vented and vented and even cried on the phone to a friend. Anyone you can just vent to?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It usually helps when I vent to my hubby. I did talk to my mom last night, though, and they have peacefully worked things out - not to stay together, but to get divorced. They haven't spoken to each other in months, and I guess last night was the best conversation she can ever remember having. They both want to try and stay friends. And, my dad will not be moving into the condo with us. He is going to look for an apartment this weekend, get a storage unit for what he can't take with him, and I think things will be okay.Now I just need to catch up on some sleep, but that is kind of hard to do with my BIL visiting. He loves coming down to see us and he stays up as late as he can and gets up as early as he can just to do everything he likes to do with us. I am already looking forward to next weekend and some much needed rest!