Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Causes of....

So I am pretty new to this site and I think its a wonderful thing. It got me through my daughter having a sv* and I also found alot of people I can relate to. Anyway I think it also causes me to have high anxiety sometimes and I just wanted to know if it happens to anybody else. Like this morning I woke up feeling fine and then I read some posts about people being sick then I start to feel like I might be sick. It sounds so weird since everyone on here is so far away and its not like I can catch anything. Am I just crazy??!?
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

My hubby has said on occasionthat he thinksvisiting the sitemakes me more prone to panic. I have occasionaly stopped my self from visiting the site but 99.9% of the time I find it incredibly helpful and reassuring.

I think it depends on the individual as to how much you feel you need/want to come here.I find if there are lots of sv* floating atround that I am generally in such a bad panic anyway that I couldnt get any worse.

Laney xx

I still have not decided if this site is good for me or not. I'm sure it is
    different for each of us.

Yup it will give everyonoe anxiety in some form or another..

No way to really avoid it as there is always going to be something written about v* that may make you feel a little off,but most people put warnings if its graphic,so you can choose whether or not that you wish to read it and you think you can handle it.

I know it gives me anxiety but on the ratio of it being good or bad for me its 95% good 5% good.

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm trying to be more selective about what I read these days as this site has on occasion added to my anxieties. For me, the anticipation that something is going to happen is as scary as it actually happening...and reading that there is a sv sweeping through my area, or hearing thatI should wait a week before declaring myself clear of a sv simply adds to my worries. Saying that, I've met some wonderful and like-minded people whose support and reassurance I have found invaluable, and for that reason I keep coming back. These people are my friends now and I like to make sure all is well with them.

I'm the same way....my husband says it makes my emet worse, but I do find a lot of support here too.......I guess I'll just have to pick and choose what I read....I was reading this morning about someone being sick,and I also started to feel n* just by thinking about it.......but it's hard to keep away from this site sometimes, especially if you are at work with not a lot to do, right in front of the computer....
    ~Mandi~

Thanks you for the replies. I guess it is the same for me. It does cause a lil more anxiety sometimes but you can't beat the support here. Thanks again for being there for me and I will continue to be here for you.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*