Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: tattoos

does anybody here have a tattoo? i really really want to get one but i'm afraid it's going to hurt a lot. i want a shamrock on my foot, but i heard that foot tattoos hurt the worst! anybody have one?
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I have three tattoos- one on my ankle, one down my spine, and yes, one on the top of my foot. I will say that the foot was definitely the worst in terms of pain- my back and my ankle didn't bother me at all, in fact I kind of liked the feeling. My foot though- made me grit my teeth and my foot involuntarily shake.

It really depends on how you qualify pain, and if the pain will be worth the end result. I like the way mine looks- in fact I plan on getting it touched up soon. It did hurt like a mutha but for me the pain was worth it.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People I knew in college said the lower back hurts the worst [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I don't have one and I don't think I'll get one, but I have been told the pain is worth the end result if you get it done by someone credible! I think tatoos can be so beautiful, but they just aren't for me.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wow purpleteacher- the one on my lower back didn't hurt at all. I was strattling a chair reading a magazine and drinking a coke while mine was being done. It actually kind of felt pretty good- like someone scratching at an itch.

*amber*

amber, where on your foot is it? my friend just got one on her toe and said it didnt hurt at all... but i think i'd rather have one on side of my foot, a few inches above my...ring toe? lol, the toe next to my pinky toe. hopefully you know what i'm getting at
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

[img]uploads/images/crimgoddess/1C8_foot.jpg[/img]

Right smack dab on the top of my foot. The reason why apparently that region hurts so much is that there is very little fat- basically skin on bone. Also, if you get one on your foot be prepared for the fact that it will fade earlier and easier than other areas of the body. The skin apparently sheds easier, partly due to the fact that most of us wear socks!

Here is a pic- my tat is in a bit of rough shape in it, but I'm going in for a re-touch so it will be darker/more consistent soon.

*amber*

Edited by: crimgoddess

i have one on my lower back and yes it hurts but u get use to the feeling

I have one on my left shoulder. Hurt a bit but not bad enough that I wanted them to stop. It's almost one of those pleasurable pains, if you know what I mean. Planning another soon so it can't be bad - I'm a wimp when it comes to pain!

Apparently it hurts more in areas where there's less flesh - so the top of the foot would hurt more thanthe butt!

[img]uploads/images/trinity13/CFZ_tattoo.jpg[/img]

Herer's my butterfly that i got donefor my 30th birthday, it is at the base of my neck and i love it, i have not for one day,regretted having it done! It did hurt a bit but the pain is all part of having a tattoo done, it's an experience. Although i have heard that the foot is one of the most painful places and as Amber has said, there isn't alot of flesh there to compensate. Stick to your guns hun and get it done, you won't regret it if it's something you really want, they are so worth it for a little bit of pain[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Trinity

thanks for your replies everyone :-) i really really want it so i guess i'll go for it! hopefully tomorrow if my boyfriend can come with me

i'll post a picture of it once it's done!

kristina

i have two one on my lower back and one on my shoulder with mine i quiet enjoyed them ...lol

I have one on my lower ankle, parts of it hurt, parts of it didn't, it just depends on where the nerve endings are more sensitive.
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I have 2. One between my shoulder blades and one right on my hip bone. I am pretty confident that the hip bone one hurt, though I was 16 and who feels pain at the age of 16? The other didn't hurt at all...

My best friend has both of her feet covered with these lily sandal looking things. The tops of her feet are literally covered. She didn't complain a bit about it.

Regardless, I think it's one of those "forgotten" pains, like giving birth. Go for it!!

\"This too shall pass\"

well, tattoo's can be addictive, so they must not hurt THAT much

besides, when your excited about something, all your body's endorphines will kick in and help with the pain.

Ive got my nose pierced and unmentionable, lol, and remember, pain is only relative to the person experiencing it!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I have four (apparently during my rebellious phase, so my mum reckons!!!) Small butterfly on ankle, black star at base of spine,small design top of left arm, and a bracelet of flowers round my wrist.

I cant really remember any of them hurting that much, the wrist was quite stingy and its defo worse if you watch them doing it!!! It is aforgotten pain, it kinda stings whilst they do it but when they stop the pain stops.

The only thing I would say is to be 100% sure about it. I love 3 of mine and especially the flower bracelet but the one on my arm Im not sure about, its not the design but where it is.......

Good luck

Laney xx

well i chickened out today because i didn't want to go alone and my mom couldn't take me lol[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]and i want to surprise my boyfriend because he doesn't think i'll ever do it... so i'm going next saturday instead!

I have three tattoos, well actually two. One is a cover up over top of another one that I got when I was in college. The one that is a cover up is on my arm and that didn't really hurt that bad until he got to like the inner part of my arm, the skin is softer there and it hurts more. I have another one on my thigh and it hurt like a MOFO but I think that's cause I watched him do it...it seems to hurt more when you watch but I can't seem to NOT watch while getting at tattoo. Anyway if you really want one, no matter WHAT the pain, it's totally worth it.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I have 10 tattoos I love them I plan on getting one over my scar from my surgery incision as soon as it heals. To me it really isn't that bad. I got 3 on my back, 1 on my neck,1 on my ankle, 1 on my foot, 1 around my belly button, 1 between my boobs and 1 on each hip. Can you say addictive??

i'm going in 20 minutes! ahh i'm nervous, but thank you all for your replies i really appreciate it!

i did it!!! yay! it hurt soo bad but it only took like 15 minutes :-) it's a really tiny shamrock on my left foot! i'll post pics soon !

thanks again everyone

yay fun! Good for you!

Right on blondie!!! Good for you. Careful though.....they
    are VERY addictive! I have five of them and love them all!
    Will most likely get more some day as well. I have one on my
    ankle (first one I got) one on my right shoulder blade, an arm band on
    my left arm, one on my lower back and one right between my boobs
    (solarplexus area)! This is the one that hurt the most....cause
    there is no fat there and I had to hold my breath while he was doing
    it.....thankfully it only took fifteen minutes for that one. The
    rest hurt I suppose, but its a good pain if you know what I
    mean....perhaps I am a freak!! lol

The one bwtween my boobs is a very beautiful script witten letter
    'O'...it for my dearly departed Olive....my english bulldog that I lost
    traumatically. I got it three days after she died and put it
    there close to my heart.....it is by far my favorite.

Enjoy your new tat and make sure that every one you get has a a special meaning for you as it is there for life!!!

Kate

kate- that is so sweet that you got a tattoo for your dog :-) a woman that i work with had a puppy for two months and it died suddenly, so she has little angel wings with tiny paw prints tattooed on her ankle- it's so cute! i can already tell that they're addictive because i'm already thinking about what i want next! guess i should wait a little while though, i haven't even taken the bandage off of this one yet !