Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Update in UK

Does anyone have ageneral update on the sv circulating theUK at the moment Or recommend a website that might tell me?

Thanks
    Will this last forever????

Hello Trix Vix,

I am in Scotland and there is still a lot of it about up here. It's not getting better at the moment. I have a friend in Essex who says its getting better there and she hasn't heard of anyone getting sv* for a while.

Where are you?

omg, Mars, that's not good! Where in Scotland are you exactly? I thought things were getting better here????

Whats happening in Scotland???

What part are you both in Im Near-ish To Glasgow??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well i'm in West Yorkshire & *knock on wood* there isn't much going about that i've heard of. My friends little boy had a little bit of d* the other day but she kept him off school for 48 hours, but other than that, i've heard of nothing in the school playground or shops to make me panic! The only thing people round here seem to have is the dreaded cold - It's gone round my house in the last month or two but it only seemed to last a few days?! I don't mind having cold though as I like Lemsips [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

when will it ever end [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

hey i am in scotland

and as far as i know it is a flu virus that is worst i have not heard of sv in a while possibly january

Violet, I'm just outside Glasgow on the east side - near to Coatbridge. I haven't heard anything for a while, though as well as the SV there was mumps & chickenpox.

Lyndsayanne, the flu's doing the rounds at the moment. We've all had it, and a lot of the local kids are off school with it.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Bloody cold weather hate it[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Cant Wait For Summer [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

yes i Am bored shhh</font>

ME TOO I LOVE SUMMER

Hello everyone,

sorry if I scared you. I wasn't able to come back on last night. I am in Glasgow and I've heard of a lot of cases over the past week. But remember, I am super vigilant about this and am always asking friends and colleagues if they know of anyone who is ill as I am paranoid about it.

My mum's friend had it last week, her electrician had it last week, my colleague's daughter had it through the week and yesterday I was in Sainsbury's (Great Western Road, just West of Glasgow) and one of the cashiers said she had just V*, but came back to the checkout as she was feeling better. She was in the checkout next to the one I was at and I said she should go home, but she said she was okay and it was just a *bug*, needless to say I won't be going back there in a hurry as she will have exposed half to staff to it.

So I am worrying about it as it has been in Glasgow since October and most of my friends and family have had it.

How is everyone today?

Violet - where are you in Glasgow?

I am in Cambridge and don't know whether it is still about. It probably is and just when i let my guard down, i'll get it. I have been feeling a bit nauseous today but don't know if it's just anxiety.

It's annoying because the papers report on it when it first rears it's ugly head, but then we hear nothing

I wish it wouldgo away and never come back - it's been such a bad year - surely people will learn from this? Or is it going to be like this every year???????????
    Will this last forever????

Ive not heard much lately either, my niece has chickenpoxwhich seems to be going around.

trix vix, I share your feelings, it has been such a bad year so far, Im hoping peopleWILL learn from this. If they dont I dont know how I will manage to get thru another winter feeling this stressed out!!!

Laney

my daughter has chicken pox aswell .....

we have still got hospital wards shut with it and a school has closed because so many teachers are off sick with a fluey sickness bug

Hey Mars! I'm in Glasgow, well just outside it actually. I have heard of a few cases but I'm trying to block it out lol which is easier now I don't have a job, but when I did it's all people talked about. Actually it would be just my luck to catch something now i left that germ infested place haha But none of my family have it and I have a REALLY big family (like aunts/uncles cousins/2nd cousins friends of the family and my nanaetc etc)up here who nearly always get things so thats cool.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hi Hippychick!

I only found this site a couple of weeks back and I can't believe there are so many of *us* around! It's so reassuring to know that there is always somewhere to come and get support and advice.

I am trying my best to keep out of the way of sv*s, it's a bit of a lottery though isn't it? I am sure that now you are not going into work everyday you'll have cut down your chances of coming into contact with the bugs. It's good that none of your family have been affected, makes you feel a bit more secure.

Roll on summer, well the Scottish summer - is it really summer???

Well I've only been here a year so am I allowed to be pissy about the scottish summers yet? Ha! I was here last summer and on the news it would be saying how hot it was outside etc and I'd look out here and see.....rain. I'm going into town shopping tomorrow so that should be interesting lol it's kinda cool knowing there are other emet's in Glasgow, makes me wonder who I'm walking past lol
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Apparently there was abit of a heatwave at the end of July in Scotland last year - but I was overseas working and missed it!!!

I keep telling myself I should emigrate!

Where are you from Hippychick and what brings you to Glasgow (apart from the fab weather!!)?

Havent heard much recently around here,Hope everything is calming down now, Im a bit more south than some of you but nothing at the moment

x

I used to live in Norfolk, which was cool but I have a lot of family up here and all my mum and sister ever wanted to do was move up here. I am 21 but because of emet my work experience was a lil behind and I couldn't afford to live alone so I had to follow them. Wasn't my goal but I guess I'm settling in

I think it is a few degrees warmer in Norfolk.... I am an oldie at 37 years, and have had emet for more years than I'd like to admit!

I hope you find us Glaswegians a friendly bunch....once you get past the gruff exterior, we are all okay really!

Hi Violet - I'm sure it must be calming down now, let's keep ourfinger's crossed.

hi

I am on an island in scotland so i don't know if this really counts but my friends 2 kids have come down with another sv* fingers crossed it is more to do with the flu bug that seems to be about than actually an sv* i am not that far from glasgow

hope everyone is ok

lyndasyanne