Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Feeling Sick

im going through a really bad breakup right now and i am on my period, but i have never felt so sick to my stomach like i have these past couple of days. everytime i try to eat and i go to swallow, i feel like im going to choke. my stomach is burning and i feel like i cant breathe without thinking im going to gag and v*.

could it be the combo of stress and my period. i have been nauseaus with my period before, but nothing like this.Edited by: tanyapage

im sorry to hear that :-( breakups suck, but you'll move on and things will be better in no time. i understand you feeling sick because it happens to me too. it should comfort you to know that it's not a sv* though, so you can control it! it's most definitely just the stress and anxiety on top of having your period. try and do something to get your mind off of things and you'll feel better :-)
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I have been like that for th elast few days too...yes you rperiod can make you feel gross and n* but I think it might be the breakup, When I am depressed over things like that I cannot eat at all an dfeel sick, stress really does have an effect on how you feel...Maybe also it is the type of food your eating, sometimes I find when i feel that way and cannot eat switching to something else is a little easier to swallow for me

YES YES AND YES.

stress and period = HORRIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am sorry to hear about your relationship. :-(

I never had tummy problems before my period until about 2 years ago. And I am always stressed.

So yeah, stress+period=icky tummy. Just try to relax.

im missing my finance so much right now. my stomach is all crampy this morning and im scared to eat anything.

i really think that you are all right and the combo of stress and my period is whats doing it....any suggestions on how to take my mind off things?

you live in canda. it is like nature central.
    go be one with the wild!

LOL....its a little rainy here today....dont really wanna go be one with the wild in the rain....

Watch a movie, read a book, surf the internet...if you feel like getting out, go walk in a mall or window shop....hang out with a friend or family if you feel like company...I know how you feel. I'm sure we have all been through breakups and felt that way. You will be fine - just takes time. HANG IN THERE!!

Kim

Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

Quote Originally Posted by tanyapage

im missing my finance so much right now. my stomach is all crampy this morning and im scared to eat anything.</font>

i really think that you are all right and the combo of stress and my period is whats doing it....any suggestions on how to take my mind off things?</font>
    I usually curl up with a book (usually something light and silly - nothing for school), or watch my favorite movies, or talk nonstop on the phone. Surfing the internet usually take my mind off things too.

thank you so much all of you for your advice. im going to try all those things and pray that it makes me feel better.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]