Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Hey guys i really need some reassurance! Okay so last night i drank some champagne and this am i woke up feeling fine but had some d* so i figured okay that is from drinking and ibs. So the day goes on and i start having a sore/scratchy throat. Well now it keeps feeling like mucus is building up in my throat and making me feeling like i am gonna gag.....so i cough but when i do my chest hurts sooooooo bad and i feel n* for a bit and then passes (ive been lucky). I dont have a runny nose or anything so i dont know what is wrong. Anyone had anything like this? I also of course need to hear your opinions about if i might v* or how to fix my throat so maybe i wont? ahh this really sucks bc my husband got beat up and has just been sleeping and could care less about how sick i feel.

Editing to say that i now have chills but husband says i don't feel like i have a fever. Man i am scared!

[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]Thanks guys!

CarinEdited by: cmatijevich

Hey hun,

Sounds a bit like a cold to me,when your body trys to find something it does tend to work on over time so being cold can usually be normal for your body to be working at it getting rid

Maybe just a cold babes,some paracetomal hot juice a hot watter bottle and some good sleep and you should be as good as new..

But keep us updated hun xxxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks so much! I always thought with a cold you get a stuffy nose....i guess with it just being a cough and the chest pain i paniced. I'm watching tv now and sipping water and i'm gonna go to bed really soon. Wish me luck that i wont v* lol.

Carin

i get d* and N* with colds all the time! I really think thats what it is...when I get a cold I always get a sore throat for a day or two then the stuffy nose comes.

Thanks! I'm feeling a little better now. I figured out that if i just clear my throat (like make the noise lol) instead of cough i don't feel the N* I'm hoping it is just hitting be hard bc i only got a few hours of sleep last night. I'm going to bed right now! Tomorrow i'll get some cold meds if i still feel horrible. Thanks again!

Carin

I had this once, except I had Obeata (African Pepper Soup) Really yummy, but my throat started to get really sore, and stuff like that. Anyway, no, I didn't have a runny nose, but just some mucous build up in my throat, and I felt sick for a couple of days to just get that out of my throat.

I just drank orange juice, and ate crackers, and stuff to not make it worse.

Usually for me, the sore, "thick" feeling throat means I'm coming down with a cold. Get lots of rest and drink water or juice!
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne