Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i am so sick of feeling SICK after eating out!
    its absurd!
    i am either allergic to SOMETHING
    .. eat the WRONG foods,
    or its ALL IN MY HEAD.

i started feeling really sick in the stomach after eating at a nice italian place for lunch.
    i had a biggish meal. stuffed mushrooms in a cream sauce, bread dipped in oil, and a lemony cake desert. the only allergic culprit in those would may or may not be milk product.

my stomach was feeling sluggish all the way home until i had a poo(which was normal, not d*),... but i felt n* afterwards.. and started freaking out simultaneously.

now my stomach (the part under my ribs) is feeling so full and bloated and disgusting. it has been 4 hours since i've eaten.

my mom is CONVINCED my brain is tricking me saying my stomach is upset. but it feels way too real. i am so baffled by the connection between brain and stomach.

people wonder why i never want to eat! this is why! i feel sohorrid afterwards!
    does anyone else have this??

i have to admit the entire time at the restaurant i was EYEBALLING the chefs and workers to see if they looked "sickly"..
    my toothless waiter belched into his hand as he was asking what we would like to eat
    ...i almost lost it.

Restaurant food is always richer. I get the same thing all the time. For example, I love curry, can eat my own, but can't walk past a curry house without feeling bloated - honestly, if i eat in an indian restaurant I can still taste it three days later!

And the horrible feeling just below the ribs - I get that, I have it now, I hate it. I've had it so often I know deep down that i'm unlikely to v* but it scares me and sends me into panic.

I'm with you all the way here - got no cure, but I understand!

im so glad you relate!
    the tummy has calmed down now a bit after sipping on diet7up.

i can absolutely relate. my stomach feels like that almost always after i eat. i'm scared because i continuously keep losing weight from fear of eating anything that might cause my stomach to feel upset. i usually just keep a bottle of tums and some type of anti-nausea medicine on hand for whenever that happens to me. don't worry about it though, i'm sure it's in your head. i am the exact same way.

I tend to overeat at restaurants, plus,as Suze said, restaurant food is usually very rich. I always come home bloated and cramped at the very least, and occasionally nauseated. Never to the point of v*, though.

I've also made myself lose a lot of weightfrom being afraid to eat. I would start eating something, but an imaginary bout of nausea would set in before I could come close to finishing. It was disgusting how much I wasted, and I got to the point of loathing food because ofhow sick it made me feel, which was scary. I thought Imight havesomeseriousphysical illness that was squashing my appetite and consequently making me lose weight very quickly. But it helped to fill up on bread, crackersand other light foods just to prove to myself I could fill up without incident, and that the nausea was, in fact,only in my head. My eating habits and weightcame back to normal fairly quickly after I started doing this.

I can totally relate. Restaurant food is loaded with fats, salts, and sugars that leave me bloated and icky. Not to mention general concerns abour proper food handling.....

I love going out to eat, but because of this darn phobia, I usually work myself into a full blown panic attack a few hours after eating. :-(

Yep, I agree with all the comments.......

I love to eat out but every time I summon up enuff courageto do it, I end up panicing for the next few days that I will get sick.

I hate feeling like this but cant see any way out, its almostlike, if I go out and enjoy my meal and dont worry, thenyeah I will get sick becos I didnt worry!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhh its so never ending!!!

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

First of all if you are allergic to dairy...milk, you will feel this bad
    everytime you eat it...and everything you had eaten had milk or
    dairy in it. But i get the same way. It is scary to think about.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm like that too. I can eat something like a turkey sandwich in my apartment and be fine but then I go out and get a turkey sandwich and it makes me feel N*. I'm sure it's all just in my head. I mean I'll eat the burgers my dad cooks on the grill, I'll even be brave sometimes and eat the steak that he cooks (It's ALWAYS Med-Rare the way he cooks it) but I'll still eat it...but when it comes to eating steak at a resturant HELL NO! I do think it's just in our heads really.

Also, someone said something about the foods being more rich. I just saw something on the Food Network where they were talking about the cookies that you buy at Mrs.Feilds (And just about any other cookie places in the mall) They use MORE Sugar and MORE butter then you normally would use. So maybe that's the problem with eating out, they use MORE spices and what not to accomidate everyone's pallet. Just a thought.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!