Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

In my behavior modification class, our last lecture was on anxiety and how to cope. the professor posted some questions that you should ask yourself when your feeling anxious andI thought I would put them here because asking these questions might help. The professor is amazing!

1.)What am I predicting happening? ( I will get sick, I will get an SV,.. etc).

2.) what is the evidence that it WILL happen? ( I've been around someone who is sick, I don't feel good.. etc).

3) what is the evidence that it WILL NOT happen? ( I've felt sick like this many times before and nothing happened, I didn't touch the person who was sick, etc.)

4) What is the worst possible thing that could happen if my prediction comes true? ( I might be embarassed for 5 seconds, I might feel vulnerable for 5 seconds, etc).

when you ask yourself these questions, it really puts the anxiety your feeling into perspective. I know its hard when your feeling anxious to have these rational thoughts, so I thought an even better method might be to ask yourself when your NOT feeling anxious about something, as well.

anyways, hope this helps!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Thanks Babydoll!!
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

good stuff, Babydoll
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's really helpful [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Thanks
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

you gave great advices. but when i have panic attack, i cant think about anything... i am so scared

Quote Originally Posted by s_snow
    you gave great advices. but when i have panic attack, i cant think about anything... i am so scared

I see what your saying... and thats why I think one of the key points is to try and think about this when your NOT anxious... so that you can teach your brain how to react to stress when the phobia is the one doing the talking.

I'm glad this helped some people, and wow, I'm totally honoured to have sage's approval!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh