Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I always worry irrationally about getting sick. About a month ago, I went on birth control. Estrostep, to be exact. The doctor told me to take two the first night because I was starting a day late, and I was up half the night vomiting. Since then, I've adjusted to the pill and I haven't been feeling sick anymore. But now I'm almost done with the first month and I'm taking the brown replacement placebo pill things.I was afraid that taking those would make me sick, but it didn't. Now, I'm terrified that when I take the first pill in the new pack for the next month, it will make me sick all over again. What do you think? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Everyone keeps telling me I'm being irrational, I really hope I am.

the placebo pills are just that - placebos. They are sugar pills that are in there to help keep you in the habit of taking your regular pills.

you might feel a bit nauseated when you start taking them again, but your body seems to have adjusted for the most part. Try taking them at night, with some food, and maybe a gravol if your really worried.

You should be fine. In all probability it was just your body getting used to the increase in hormones. I have never had problems with nausea and the pill myself. if the nausea keeps up, you could try switching to a different brand.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

OH my gosh! I just took estrostep for the first time a month ago! What a coincidence. I had been on other pills wayyy back when (have had three kids, hubby is "fixed,", I just needed it to regulate me). I didn't have a problem feeling sick, but then again I didn't take two at once. I didn't take the placebo because with estrostep they actually do contain iron and I do NOT need to be constipated lol.

I think you should be ok taking it as far as n* goes because you took it the rest of the month with no problem. I find it odd the dr. had you double up likethat--the pack comes with stickers so you can "customize" it according to what day you want to start.

I'm not going to continue taking it because it gives me headaches (just like every other pill did) and although my dr. doesn't think it's related, I had terrible sweats and chills the last week of my cycle. I'll just deal with the long periods lol.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll

the placebo pills are just that - placebos. They are sugar pills that are in there to help keep you in the habit of taking your regular pills.

you might feel a bit nauseated when you start taking them again, but your body seems to have adjusted for the most part. Try taking them at night, with some food, and maybe a gravol if your really worried.

You should be fine. In all probability it was just your body getting used to the increase in hormones. I have never had problems with nausea and the pill myself. if the nausea keeps up, you could try switching to a different brand.

Thank you. Reading that made me feel a lot better.
    But what is gravol?

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof3

OH my gosh! I just took estrostep for the first time a month ago! What a coincidence. I had been on other pills wayyy back when (have had three kids, hubby is "fixed,", I just needed it to regulate me). I didn't have a problem feeling sick, but then again I didn't take two at once. I didn't take the placebo because with estrostep they actually do contain iron and I do NOT need to be constipated lol.

I think you should be ok taking it as far as n* goes because you took it the rest of the month with no problem. I find it odd the dr. had you double up likethat--the pack comes with stickers so you can "customize" it according to what day you want to start.

I'm not going to continue taking it because it gives me headaches (just like every other pill did) and although my dr. doesn't think it's related, I had terrible sweats and chills the last week of my cycle. I'll just deal with the long periods lol.

Yeah, I think it's really weird that the doctor told me to do that too. And after my mom called and told him what happened, it was like he knew that would happen but didn't bother to tell me. It was weird.

Thanks for replying to this, it makes me feel better.

gravol is the brand name ofan OTC anti nausea drug.I forgot what the actual drug name is, but it's available without a prescription here in canada, not sure about the USA though. you could call your pharmacy and see if they have it. Its not a good idea to take it regularly, though.. just for situations when you really feel true nausea.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh