Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My sister's had a cough for the last few days.. and now, for some reason, my throat is really itchy.. along with my jaw a little bit. it's itchy at the base of my throat.. and sometimes now when I turn my head it makes me cough... and my head hurts... I wonder if I'm coming down with her cough.. the urge to cough is stronger if I press on my chest...like right under my throat...I keep panicking that I'm like having a heart attack or something but that's really irrational :/ I'm 18.. but my parents keep telling me if I keep up with my bad eating habits I'll get one :/ I probably am just getting her cough, or have allergies or something... are my symptoms normal for just a cough (she's had a slight fever too, I don't feel like I have one)? I don't want to have a cough... but I can deal with it. should I eat dinner? Or would that make things worse? does this sound like a sv? thanks

okay- worst joke ever- if the urge to cough is strong when you press on your chest.....then don't press on your chest! lol

I know when I start to get a cold/cough, my throat gets really scratchy, almost itchy (I sometimes try to scratch it with my tongue- gross, I know).

DEFINITELY eat dinner! Being run-down and not giving your body enough fuel will make things worse. You may want to try some tea with honey, it may help to soothe your throat.

And if you really do have bad eating habits (haha- but I understand that parents often have a different idea of what this means than their kids), you may want to work towards improving them. Bad nutrition can affect your immune system- a healthy body can fight off illness better than a malnourished one!

I hope you feel better soon!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks, I was about to go make dinner, but still thinking about it - it's nice to hear that. lol, I just eat a lot of junk food... popcorn, chips, anything with butter... so I guess I should work to improve it. more healthy stuff, and less salty food. thanks, I'll go make a healthy meal now - and maybe some tea tomorrow, that sounds good, I just know it tends to give me energy and I should probably be trying to get to sleep now, so it's best to have that tomorrow. thank you!