Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone heard of this? It's an herbal supplement that you're supposed to take at the first sign of a cold. It's supposed to make the cold symptoms less severe. I also read somewhere (I can't remember where) that it can also help prevent sv's. With all the different illnesses making the rounds this winter I have been drinking the heck out of the stuff (it comes in tablet form - you dissolve it like alka seltzer). Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had heard anything about it. I've probably been wasting my money. I do have a cold right now.....ha ha

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

no, it works.
    ive used it since october.
    lots of people are skeptics..
    but i'm not.
    its good stuff.
    and it tastes good too.

I think it's a complete scam-

First off, on all of their packaging, advertising, etc., it pretty much says - "try this- IT WORKS!"- by why does it work? What specific substance makes it work? HOW?

I think that all this stuff is, is an overpriced multivitamin in slick packaging.

That, and I think part of the reason that people swear that they work is that they attribute things to Airborne that are in fact completely unrelated. For instance, I know that when I start to get sick, I will change my routine a little bit to deal with it- could those changes in routine also affect how long or how severe you will become ill? Also, colds, flus viruses, etc. only last for a limited time- so when it starts to go away, a person could be attributing that to drug as opposed to something that would have happened naturally anyway.

That, and if you drink a lot of it beware. It has a high level of vitamin A which can build up inyour system and make you sick

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just don't know what to believe about stuff like this. I did see the lady who invented it on Dr Phil the other day and she has made something like 90 million on this stuff....wow...

Kim
    Keep the faith!

Well I actually work in a health organic food store and our herboligist
    explained to me how it works. The herbs in the airbourn give your
    immune system a boost. Its a false boost that wont last, but it can
    help. it isn't as good as just taking zinc, which will bond to the cells in
    your immune system and make them stronger. But if you take zinc
    you have to take it on a full tummy because it will upset, or give you
    discomfert if you don't. Zinc is really good for you. So that is what I
    use. I take one tablet a day, every other day, because you don't
    want to take too much of it, like anything.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

zinc is in airborne.

I have some here - it has vit A, C, E, riboflavin, magnesium, zinc, selenium, manganese, potassium,herbal extracts, and amino acids.
    Keep the faith!

I take echnciea (sp?) Works perfectly well,plant extract been arounnd for absolutly years and had very good results with it.

echinacea is one of the herbs...also ginger and several others...
    Keep the faith!

i love this stuff. i wouldn't have gotten through the winter w/out it.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"