Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Since last night I have experiencing vertigo.

Obviously I am a little better now because I am actually sitting upright and can look at this computer screen.

Last night it was sooo bad that I thought I would die. I crawled to the bathroom and everything just spun and spun..

I have a doctor's appointment in a couple of hours and not looking forward to being in a car or elevator.

Has anyone ever had this? I am still light headed and scared it will happen again. I did feel like I was going to vomit, but I think that was from my panic attack I had late last night. Not sure. I am just scared.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I don't know alot about vertigo...but have heard many people talk about it...it sounds really bad, and i actually think i have had it several times...i think there is a med that you can take for it.....i hope you feel better soon. I know being dizzy is no fun. I hope that you have someone that will be with you when you go to the doc. I do hope you will feel better soon.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I had this at work last week. I was sitting down and suddenly the room was spinining and i could not do anything to stop it. It was really scarey. I dont know what causes it. Let me know what the doctor says as this has happend to me before, now its happened at least a couple of times.

Hope you get on ok.

Lots of love

Fifi

xxxx
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

Hey shiva,

My gf and her father both suffer from vertigo, she has tablets for it which seems to actually do alot to make her feel better and her father.

It can make you feel slightly n* but never heard of her v* from it.

It always helps that you have your feet flat on the floor and when you feel dizzy never stand up fast and sit up while focusing on something that wil keep your mind off it.

try get as much sleep as possible thats thebest thing for it and If you feel really really bad, lay down on the floor with a pillow under your head and your feet up on the sofa making sure that you have blood flowing towards your head..

I wish there was something else I could say hun but hopefully the doc will give you some answers ..

xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've had it too - woke up one morning and the room would just not stop spinning. I felt sick too, but this is just a product of the disorientation - a bit like if you feel sick on fairground rides.

My doctor actually made a home visit and diagnosed me as having labyrinthitis - it's kind of like a viral infection of the inner ear. It only happened the once and I was prescribed stemetil, which is an anti-emetic (I didn't v* by the way even when the room wouldn't stop moving!).

If it continues to happen, see your doctor as it can be a disorder of the inner ear rather than a viral infection, but I wouldn't worry too much about one event, if it's now passed. If it does happen though, lie down and take a travel sickness tablet if you have one. That should help.

Hope you feel better soon!

thanks for all of your help and kind words. i dread going to the doctor, but i feel like i should go since it's been almost 24 hours. my guess is they will send me away saying it's something viral, but just incase i guess i will go get it checked out. at least maybe i will get something to help the symptoms. i will let you all know what she says. and thanks again for being there.
    \"This too shall pass\"

A couple of friends of mine have had it. I know one of them did get sick with it but she is extremely sensitive to motion. Her doctor prescribed valium to basically keep her sedated for a couple of days and I think something to dry up fluid in her inner ears. You could try taking some sudafed or something like it and maybe a motion sickness med like bonine to keep you from wobbling. But if you are going to the doctor he should give you something even better! Hope you feel better soon!

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

whats vertigo????

SHIVA~~

I have been having this also on and off for the last few days!!! I even laid in bed one night, closed my eyes, and felt like I was spinning!!! Had to open my eyes again and focus! Please let me know what your dr. says...........sorry you are experiencing this also[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Shiva, take a Dramamine 2 tablet - the one that has Meclizine (sp) as the active ingredient. My friend's hubby used to get this, and that's what was prescribed for him. And make sure to go to the doctor.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Well, I take Dallergy daily which is an antihistimine, decongestant and anticholinergic combination. I have to take it all the time because I have such bad sinus problems to begin with, so it seems as though I am always kinda congested-or at least sporting a sinus headache on a daily basis...

Last night when I began to get dizzy I did take some meclizine to help with the vertigo, but it didn't seem to help much. Although maybe it did... It could have been much worse I guess..

The doctor said that I have a hella inner ear infection on my left side. I guess because of this infection, there is a bunch of fluid sloshing around my inner ear, causing the vertigo. Guess it looks like it's been festering in there a while. So, she prescribed a zpac (azythromycin)- which usually makes me sick as a dog by the way... And she also gave me Zofran for an anti emetic and some prescription meclizine to help with the dizziness. Because of the anti emetic, I went ahead and took my 2 antibiotics, confident that if it keeps a cancer patient from yakking, my chances are slim.

Thanks again for all of the concern and responses. I don't know what I would do without you all! Hugs!!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"

I get this slightly from time to time. Usually when i'm laying in bed i will feel like the bed is moving or the room is spinning around. i just try to zone out on it and fall asleep and if that doesn't work i try a sip of water. i think focussing on 1 thing helps to kind of balance you out as well. it is a very uncomfortable feeling but hopefully these medications will help. good luck to you.