Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I’m new!

Hi Everyone........

I was wondering if there are different degrees of this phobia? I seriously remember every single time someone did 'it' from way back in grade one. (I am now turning 25). If I am in a situation and someone gets sick, it just seems to go into my lovely memory box, and haunts me on a random timer.I also avoid certain placeswhere someone will likely be sick. Like odd places (elavators, parking lots, kindergarden and junior high schools)Anyways.........

Welcome Kim! There are different degrees of the phobia. One person can have it worse than another, and one person can suffer from it to varying degrees over time....I should know, I've been at every stage but cured!

Welcome!

Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Hi Kim! I too suffer from the same type of thing. I remember everyone who's ever been sick around me and I won't let them stand behind me anymore, if I even choose to hang out with them after the fact (I'm afraid of others throwing up and the threat of it touching me is way too much to handle at this point). I can walk around our elementary school, middle school, high school, the university at parties i was drinking at and have full recolection of when people v- and where they did it at. It's aweful!

There are varying degrees of the phobia. It's sort of a pain. But we're all here to support each other and talk about it. You are not alone!

Welcome!

I just sighed a huge sigh of relief out loud. I phoned my mom and told her that I joined a site. I had no idea places like this existed. Thank you so much!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Welcome Kim!

Hope you will have nice time with us [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I have a special little memory bank for all the events that have freaked me out, but let me just say I dont have this by choice, my brain just seems to like storing this info.

Im 37 and can remember vividly events going back to when I was 6/7, just when you think thge memory starts to fade.........BAM the vision and thoughtscomes back again!!!

Laney xx

My brain seems to have an account at the same "bank" ha ha!