Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok I just took my first dose of macrobid...100mg, which is scary, it is for my UTI...Anyone taken it before? The thing I am most worried about is the other medication I got...I take prochlorazine ( semitil ) for nausea...but recently it started to make me feel really twitchy, and get restless legs, so the doctor prescribed me benztropine which is supposed to take away that...some people with parkinsons take it for their seizures...It says in ythe side effects it is more common for v* I am scared, please anyone know about these meds?

anybody

Carolee- how often do you take an anti-emetic? If you take one often, what happens is that it becomes less effective, and if the nausea is the result of anxiety when you are faced with 'real' (in terms of being caused by illness) it may not work the way it is supposed to.

I haven't myself taken those particular drugs- but I do know that when I was put on some wacky meds in Australia for a weird face thing (lol- DON'T even ask), the pharmacist asked me if meds usually make me sick. I said yes, because I have the world's weakest stomach- she said it was because antibiotics kill off the good bacteria in your stomach. She suggested this supplement (don't remember what it is called for the life of me- really long name) that is supposed to replace that. According to whatI have read on the board, yogurt provides some of the same function.

So....I would stock up on some yogurt, or ask your pharmacist about something you can take to replace the good bacteria in your stomach that you meds are killing off.

PS- every drug has vomitting listed as a side effect- EVERY one of them.....doesn't mean that it will happen!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That kinda make sme more worried! I went to the docs an dpharmacy yesterday and am SO paranoid I picked some sv up...I am sitting here so scared just waiting...so now I feel cause I took the meds it is mor eof achance I could get sick Help...

What exactly about my post made you more worried? Just curious.

If you make sure you replenish the good bacteria in your stomach, you are seriously cutting down the likelihood that you will be ill. Yogurt man...yummy AND serves a purpose.

Taking those meds does not have anything to do with picking up any sort of virus- if you were exposed the meds you took will not affect this.

And, just going to the doctor's or pharmacy does NOT mean that you were exposed, or if you were you are going to be sick. My boyfriend is in the hospital over 50 hours every week (he is picking up extra shifts to for his car payments), and he hasn't gotten a stomach virus yet this year. When he does get sick, he seems to catch it from me!

Are you currently in treatment for this phobia? SOme of your rationale in terms of getting sick/what will make you sick is the result of thinking errors that this phobia causes. Working with someone can really help to identify them, and work towards kind of teaching your brain a new way of processing information. It can be a long process, but the results are totally worth it!

Remember- worrying yourself to death over something that has already happened won't fix anything, only make it worse! Is there anything you can do to keep your mind off things? Relax you?

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

don't worry. i take prochloparazine every time i feel nauseas and so far it's always helped. maybe it's a mental thing, i don't know, but either way it's worked so far (knock on wood) and i absolutely depend on it for any time i feel sick. this tends to be often since every time i leave the house i feel like i'm bringing home a sv. i am trying to slow down on them because i had the same fear that my body would become immune to them, but at the same time i've been taking the same antibiotic since i was a child,every time i have an infection, and it's always cured my infection, so it may take a long time before your body doesn't respond to this medication. just keep your head up, try not to worry too much about it because that will make you more upset. if it makes it easier, just keep a light diet so you know that you are using precautions against getting sick. but make sure you eat, even if its only a few crackers or a piece of toast, because that's what usually will make you feel the worst is taking medicine on an empty stomach. hope this helps, i think you'll be fine

Its not th enausea pill sI am worried about...it is the medicine to stop the seizures from the nausea meds... Amber- I do not take them that often, there was a time that I did, but not anymore, only when I feel really really sick...I was just really paranoid that I had an SV yesterday night so I was worried that because I was on antibiotics that it would kill the good bacteria in my stomach and I would be more likely for it to show up? Irrational I know...I am just worried about taking this other med with my nausea pill becaus eit said a main, more common symptom was v*...And wondered if anyone had heard anything about it... benztropine is the name...Just a little worried... thanks fo ryour posts everyone

I have actually taken macrobid when I was pregnant and already feeling a little crappy. I never v*d from it and I don't think it made me nauseous. You should be fine, but I also agree with Amber about the yogurt, you should definitely have some of that as it also helps prevent yeast infections from the antibiotics! Good luck! UTIs are really annoying!

Oh yeah-I definitely would eat something with it just to be safe, I always do with my antibiotics!