My fiance is amazing, he knows exactly how to deal with me as far as this phobia. It's maybe not exactly the way I WANT, but I think its the right way. When I'm panicking, he will do little things to make me more comfortable, but he will always remind me that whatever I'm worrying about is irrational. My fiance is wonderful about supporting me with my therapy. This guy has drawn pictures of stick men vomiting for me, has written sentences and paragraphs about vomiting, and has manufactured coughing and gagging tapes, too. He's also come to a couple of therapy sessions with me, and he spends lots of his time talking with me about the phobia, my progress, etc.

When I went through my bad period last August and September, he was so helpful, making me the foods I felt up to eating, and making sure I was as comfortable as possible. He also was calm with me when I was crying every five minutes. But he didn't tell me that my fear was normal, or okay, and I think that's the best way, that he can help me, yet not get to the point where he's supporting the phobia as an okay thing. My therapist was also impressed with the way he handles my emet moments. He will help to make me comfortable, but also tries to challenge my irrational thoughts and beliefs.