Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Current Things

I'm sure a few of the normal visitors around here, remeber my post when I had my severe panic attack, and emet scare, and how I got angry, and said I wasn't gonna deal with it anymore. I figured you'd like an update.

Number One..... I have total cut soda out of my intake.... It's gone... Kool Aid, Lemonade, Gatorade, sweet tea, and water are for me now... This has helped me BEYOND anything I can imagine, by nature I am a gassy person, I think it's fear, and the emet, topped off with a little IBS. Excellent, I don't feel bloated which doesn't lead to anxiety that the pain and pressure that I feel is sick.

Number Two..... I eat total complete meals now, not half a meal, and eat later, total, until I feel like I need no more food. Yes at first I was like "What if I V up this much food?", but I pressed, it was rough at first, but I managed.

Number Three... I had a small bout with an attack coming on... Guess what I did... Instead of pacing, and getting totally out of head......... I LEFT THE HOUSE..... Thats right, got in the car, and left, told meyself if I v in public, someone else will clean it up, went to the mall, and saw my wife and my friends...... WORKED WONDERS...... This along with the nextthree are the biggies.

Number Four... On my anniver. I went out to eat with my lovely wife, and had a huge Southern Fried Chicken Salad, with are you ready???!?!?!?! Beer to drink... My emet had kept me away from beer, or an form of Alcohol ever. Don't like the taste of beer, but I drank it all, and ate the whole damn thing.... Along with yesterday eating beer battered food. I know a lot of people may be so what?!?!?! This was a massive step for me.

Number Five... I have a friend named WES, Wes got violently ill about four days ago... I hung out with him that night, and the next day... And I am not worried, or have asked him well why do you think you got sick, or had a virus scare.

And DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

Number Six... Here is one that when I think about it I beam my chest out...... We took our boy to an amusement park here in the States called King's Island, it's in OHIO. We arrived at 10:00 AM I had not eating, since 7:00 PM the night before. I walked in the park, with the boy, bought him a Pepsi, and told them (my wife, and son) to come on. I rode the BEAST, by myself, sat in the front, while my wife stared on. She actually tried to talk me out of it, can you believe that? This is a VERY LARGE WOODEN ROLLER COASTER. Did I like it??? Well considering I kept my eyes closed the whole time, not really, I don't like the stomach flutter, from what I've read you guys don't either

But listen up, guys I'm still scared from time to time, I still have it there, but I am fighting it. It's like a bully that you just have to stand up to and slug. I will not be controlled anymore, and I have to prove it to myself, and doing these things are bringing my confidence to an all time high, I go places with the wife... Eat at Wendy's, or Arby's, and not worry. No one should be a slave to this thing, and trust me doing this for over 20 years, I am breaking new molds. I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I'm sure an attack or something will happen one day, maybe today, but you guys are there for me, and my wife is rooting me on.

I'll keep you informed.

Stephen

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA AAAAY!!!!!
    That is so great!!!! You are really showing the emet who's boss! Go you!!!

Great Job! That's a lot to do in a short period of time! Hopefully all continues to go well!
    -Anna

Your story is a huge inspiration to me, and I'm sure, to all of us! Like you, I have made some changes to my diet, like cutting out soda. When I feel a tiny bit of emet panic coming on when I'm out at night with friends drinking or something, I just say to myself, "You're fine, nothing is going to happen," start talking to friends and the feeling goes away. Definitely making some good strides here too! The one thing I have not changed is that I still insist on sitting in the front seat of the car, mostly when driving home after a night out. Luckily, my friends don't quesiton why I need to sit up front, so it's not a problem! (These are new friends who don't know about my fear yet!)

Congratulations again!

Sarah

Stephen, you've got the winning formula for beating this (or any anxiety) disorder. Avoid avoidance. That's the ticket.

Good on ya!Edited by: sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is soooo awsome hun.I know I am late in reply but I still want you to know that I am proud. I have found the avoid avoidance a BIG key to helping me get better. I am sure that you are a total insiration to anyone that read your post. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

STEPHEN!!! WAY TO GO MATE!!!

i feel JUST lke you at the moment... im going out thre, and stopping my classic tactic of avoiding things wen im anxious ... and it does REALLY help!!

im SO glad to hear that someone else is beating this phobia just as much as i am at present..

jst wish everyone else cud say the same thing

but i just wanna congratulate you, cause i know how hard it is,

tke care and keep going!!!

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

wow well done. I'm so happy that you are fighiting this. (I wish I could do the same!) I hope you continue to do so well that in about ayears time you wonthave this phobia atal (nice thaught!)

Oh my gosh WOW!! Good for you!!!

I think I'm going to keep your post and read it when I'm in a bad place. Reading what you wrote really helps, thanks for sharing!

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11