Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Looking at *it*

Has anyone here ever been ro ratemyvomit.com? Ok, so I saw that on here actually as good exposure therepy and I decided to go there. First of all, let me say that I am eating sorbet right now. Not only was I able to go there, actually look at the pictures and not freak out a lot, but I am still eating my sorbet! And...I went to the top 10 and looked at the top 3 of those!

Also, I went to the movie V for Vendetta today. The two scenes in which have v- shown, it doesn't even look like v-, it looks completely fake, which it is. Plus there's absolutely no noise or anything with it, it's just next to two people who were apparantly poisoned.

So you went there and didn't freak!? WOW! Nice job!!! I'm proud of ya.

Hmm was it I who mentioned that site in the first place? Or did you come across it?

You are so brave!

I cant go there, not yet [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

i will freak out

WOW! You are very brave. I am not ready for it yet and thinking about it i don't know if I'll ever be ready for it. Someday, 20 years, maybe.
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

See now altho I havent been to that site (I will try later)I dont really like lookming at pictures (but who does) it doesnt cause me any panic.

For me its the noise andseeing it happen, whether its me or someone else, that freaks me out.And also when you look at pictures your brain has the option of "thinking" this isnt real, its fake.

Laney

yuck i hate that website!! but i can look at it and not freak out! wahoo!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I can look at it and not freak out, although sometimes I get a little sick to my stomach but that's about it. I remember seeing a fetish video where this girl V* on this other girl and I didn't freak out but I did think it was nasty. Good for you, I don't know if I'd even be able to EAT while looking at those pics!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

For those that think they can't do it, I have news for you YOU CAN! You can do anything that you put your mind to. A year ago I cried for 2 hours and shook when my therapist even held a picture turned around in his hand (it wasn't even facing me). Now, I am finished with ratemyvomit.com because I have looked at all the pictures and have NO anxiety AT ALL. I am moving to motion next,the next step in my hierarchy(yikes!).

I think that I have vomit built up as something so awful in my brain that I couldn't even imagine dealing with it. When I finally looked at a picture (an easy one), I was surprised to realize that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. That is the best therapy around. After every session with my therapist I feel empowered and strong.

YOU CAN DO IT. If I did, anyone can. You just have to want to. You won't "lose it", you won't "freak out", you'll just be a little uncomfortable at first. A great place to start is Sage's hierarchy in the Treatments thread. I checked it out and it is very gradual.

Good luck

happyteacher

Good job! So brave!

Carin

[img]smileys/smilies_19.gif[/img]I dont really understand this, howcan looking at pictures and watchingsome one doing the dreaded cure a phobia, infact i find it quite disturbing and wouldn't want to see that even if i didnt suffer this terrible phobia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at the pictures helps you see vomit for what it really is: gross! After time desensitizing yourself to the pictures, you no longer perceive them as dangerous and they begin to evoke less and less anxiety. In short you are retraining your brain.

my gosh, i'd say if you can look at something like that you're doing really really well! just thinking about you looking at it, let alone me makes me feel gaggy!

well done & keep it up!

i went there, and it is pretty good isnt it? i got to teh second one and closed it off because it looked nasty. thats great that you were able to do that! i love that movie too.Edited by: juliab3