Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OMG so scared

Ok so all yesterday I had nausea and really crampy bowels, I didn't get any D* but I had to go to the bathroom a few times and it seemed to take care of it. I woke up this morning and BAM really bad D* as soon as I got up and I mean REALLY bad, what is this am I sick? I don't even feel sick though I did all yesterday. I've never been more scared than I am right now. When I was out on Monday I walked right next to a fresh patch of V* could I have caught something? I've been feeling hot too. I haven't had D* this bad in a really long time, I didn't even expect it when I got up for the toilet. I'm scared to take immodium because someone here said I shouldn't take it with SV. What do I do?

xxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hippy Chick, A few years ago i had food poisoning and whilst i didn't v* i had severe d* and cramps. I stayed awake all night with it, just feeling so uncomfortable. In the morning i phoned my doctors, and he suggested i take immodium/Arret (another anti d*). He said that it was best to let the d* come for about 3 hours (to get the toxins out of my system) and then it would be ok to take the immodium - 2 after the first bout and then 1 after the following.

Now, i had the d* all night and when i took the immodium, the relief was wonderful. I fell into a deep, relaxed sleep, and the cramsp never came back. There is something in the immodium that settles the tummy/bowels, or so my doctor said and i believe him.

I would say you are ok to take immodium. I reckon you might have worked yourself into a bit of a turmoil as you felt ill yesterday, but it really was nothing else that your mind playing tricks on you. It happens to me all the time.

With regards to walking past fresh v*, i can't see how you would catch something from it. Maybe if you walked next to it when the person was doing it, but after, i think you will be ok.

Dr Trixies advice: take 2 Immodium now and 2 x paracetamol (or pain killers with codeine in) and head for bed, have a good sleep and you will feel better upon wakening. If you have to work - call in sick and follow my advice! ha ha, i'm not a doctor though, but this works for me.

Love Trudy x (Trixie)

Do you suffer from IBS? This can definitely cause nausea and cramping? As for this morning's d* - did you wake at your normal time and feel the urge to go? This does sometimes happen to me and again, it's usually the IBS. Whenever I've had food poisoning, the d* usually wakes me in the night or very early in the morning, you know, it comes on suddenly. I also have had many occasions when I've felt like you one day but it passes, and then the d* kicks in the next day. I've no idea why but whatever it is, it's never resulted in v*.

Look, I guess no-one knows what this is, but try and relax. If it was fp or a sv, you would feel pretty rough whether you v* or not. As you're not feeling sick and apart fromthe anxiety, are fine other than the d*, then I would say this is nothing other than one of those things. Take Trixie's advice and take some immodium - I've done this many times and they really do help.

A relaxing day will help you too if you can have one as the d* itself may make you feel a little weak and weedy even if there is no pathological explanation for it.

Take care but I'm sure this is nothing to worry about.

Oh, I doubt too that you can pick anything up from a pile of v* in the street, though that doesn't stop me holding my breath as I walk past!!

Hey

Well I'm still a little nauseated though I just ate some toast, I do suffer from IBS Suze, but this attack this morning was a new one on me lol it's never been so bad before and I don't really know why. I guss I know deep down I'm going to be ok even if I V* I know I'd survive, but it just freaked me out. My last job contract ended last week so I have free time, I'm just curled up reading and thats about all lol I keep waking up at the time I used to get up for my job though how much does that suck? [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]haha

xxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Well, I think if you're managing to eat, then that is a very good sign. How many times have you had d* today?

I know about the waking up problem - I get up at 7.30 every day to get my kids to school, but I also do it at the weekends - even if I've been up until 2am in the morning. I just can't kick the 7.30 habit and I end up feeling rough all day then due to lack of sleep!

Glad you can relax today. Try not to worry.

Feeling very nauseated again now. The thing is I wasn't even expecting the D* ok this may be TMI but I woke up just needing to pee and then....there it was and it's just happened again. I had a lot of cramping yesterday but nothing much happened though I went to the bathroom a few times and today there is nocramping but ....nothing really. Does that make sense. It passed for a few hours but has started again now. Am so scared.

I hope you can try and relax, remember the d* will cause you to panic, which will make you feel sick. As it's been a few hours since you had the first lot of d*, I would say that the toast you have eaten has just stimulated your bowels into action. When I have had any bugs, the d* just keeps coming, every half hour or so.

Do you have anything you can take for the nausea. I use motilium - it's an anti-emetic, I also have phenergan. You can get both over the counter in the UK. Is there anyone who can get these for you? They work and will reduce your anxiety. You're unlikely to v* here, but I know how scared you must be feeling, and this stuff will help take that anxiety away.

My mum got me some phernegan though she said it was hard to get as the guy in the pharmacy was asking her a billion and one questions as to why she needed it. Not sure if I will take it or not but I've got it now so thats something. Still feeling kind of rough

I'd take it - it's certain to make you feel better. I haven't taken it myself but I have been prescribed it for my kids - it's an anti-histamine which is used for all sorts of things from rashes to travel sickness - and they have been absolutely fine with it. It didn't make them drowsy either.

If it's of any comfort, I've had a fair few occasions where I've had d* and felt rough throughout the day, but I haven't yet (touch wood) v*. I have felt queasy and not interested in food, but nothing worse than that.

Hope you're feeling better and not too panicked.

hippychick -

I would go ahead and take the phenegran. It will calm your nausea and (likely) make you a little sleepy. When I take it - it helps me to relax. Whether the nausea is "real" or from stress, it really does the trick. No sense in feeling that way if you don't have to.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Hey HippyChick,

Really sorry to hear about this hun,A while back maybe about 2-3 years ago I had something similar, slightly n* alot of d* and when I passed wind I passed d* happined for about 48hours I slept alot,again at that point my mother was abroad and I hadnt discovered you lot yet either.

I just let it run through my system and tried not to cry to much about it,I think you are being a hell of a brave hun really brave!!

I have never myself taken phenegran but I have it and also have motilium as well,I think that maybe nows the time to probably take it,maybe make you crash out for a while and see how you feel when you wake up!!

Really wishing you to get better soon hun

xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey there,

Thanks for all your support today. Well I haven't had any D* in a few hours *touch wood* and I'm really really hungry haha but I'm too scared to eat in case I set it all off again. It's been about 8 hours since it started. I haven't taken anything yet because I like to give these things a chance to clear on their own. If it carries on I will take immodium for sure. I'm not sure what to eat, if anything lol

Some dry toast is fine on your stomach hun, shouldnt bother it and is very very light..

Really hope that,that is the last of it and that things clear up soon hun xx

I think you will be fine if you eat. If you are hungry, that is a good sign. You might have a mild case of FP. I think you would have v*ed by now no matter what it is.

Well I ate a little soup and took some immodium, I'm still nauseated and a little crampy but I think (hope) whatever it is is passing now. Man this just kinda hit me from no where ya know? Hopefully I'll be ok tonight. It's been about 15 hours now since it all started. If I make it through the night I'll know I'm ok.

xxxxxxx

Whatever it is, it sounds like it's on its way out. You will feel a bit odd after eating as you have had very little all day. You could always take a phenergan before bed - it'll help you sleep, get rid of any nausea,and it might even stop you waking up at the time you used to get up for work - lol!!!

You know that sounds like a fab idea, right now I don't think I'll have any issues sleeping but if I do I'm gonna take it. Right now my bed sounds like heaven as I had a late night and then the early waking lol thanks again suze for all your support.