Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sage ...advice

im waiting to get some hypno therapy which i will be paying for ..... do you think it is of any good to me ???

Jodi

Have you tried getting it free on the NHS? The reason I ask is that I am having cognitive behavioural therapy and it isnt working. I would like to try hypnotherapy but I cant afford it. I wondered if it was available on the NHS. So many peoplehave said that Ishould try hypnotherapy and I am so desperate that I need to do something now.

Good luck and letme know how you get on. (Also, please let me know if you have tried to get it free.)

Thanks

Karen (Pookey30)
    There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

what i did is joined the national phobics society which cost £16.00 for a year and then you get huge discount on sessions and depending on your income costs between 7-25 quid .... which isnt bad .....i have been refered to mental health team but that could take a while so though this would be a good way of doing it .... i hope it helps thou

hi i have done hypnotherapy and no it is not available on the NHS luckily it was a friend of the family that did it yes it did help but in no means "cured" but bascally it is a really deep relaxation and helps to give you confidence it worked great in the short term but i do keep going back when i have bad emet sometimes i deal with this better than others i hope it works for you

lyndsayanne

well i can only give it ago

Hypnotherapy can be a helpful addition to treatment. I've never heard of it "curing" anyone of this phobia. But it can't hurt.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ive found a therapist who im paying private for cbt treatment im meeting her on the 12th she sounds very nice .. cant wait to see her !!

Hope your cbt therapist is better than mine. I think my problem is that I havnt really gelled with her. She asked me to ask my other to make himself V* !!! She also argues with me when I dont give her the answers that she is looking for.

Good luck. (hope you have better luck thanme.)

Karen
    There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

Karen,

Either tell her how you feel, and how it's making you WORSE...and talk it out with her, or move on to someone else. That "method" doesn't sound very helpful to me.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.