Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well Ive got some friends coming over tonight and im affraid that something happins like i get ill or someone else does!!

Im cooking for them tonight so thats absolutly fine with me so I know its cooked ect, but Im just really really worried something goes wrong..

Think this might spoil my night tonight.. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you, missy, have a serious ANT problem (automatic negative thoughts)...

rearrange your brain, the way you automatically think.
    tell yourself.. "no, the odds of this night being "messed up" is so rare. the odds of someone being ill when they come over is very minimal. i am going to have a great time with my friends. it is going to be so fun and wonderful!"

It will be fine, violet. You are cooking - you trust your cooking and therefore it will be fabulous.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Please try not to worry and enjoy yourself. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

IF somthing happens deal with it then - try not to think too much about what if's. I used to do that - what if someone I meet in the street is unwell, what if I get ill, what if...what if...I have come to realise life is far to short for what if's.

It doesn't make this fear any easier though and I understand your worry but by thinking the worst will happen might stop you having fun and enjoying your evening.

Try to relax - think positive thoughts about how the evening will go, not negative ones. The power of the mind is an amazing thing - if you tell yourself beforehand everything will be fine and you'll have fun - you probably will. Negative thoughts reap negative experiences.

I hope you do have a good time tonight. Please let us know how it goes.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Im sure youre food will be great and you'll have a great time!!

Enjoy yourself and relax.

laney xx

Thankx Liz,Chloe and laney

Im going to try not to burn down the kitchen and make sure that I remember to switch the oven off, last time there was a bit of an accident [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] lol

Well Im dressed and smell nice I think *sniffs self* yup the shover worked lol..

Thank you again xxxxx

Violet your post couldn't have come at a more perfect time! I'm the same way in the same situation right now. I have my parents coming over for supper in less than 2 hrs.. I get anxious no matter who comes over for a meal, it use to be worse and I'd cancel a lot of the time. Since Ive been taking xanax, 3 times a day it does help. I am nervous that I may be getting ill. I say to myself, I know if I was here tonight without company, Id feel fine and eat my meal with no anxiety at all, probably stuff myself. But this fear of getting ill in front of people make me nervous to and I HATE it. I am a very clean vook and the meal itself doesn'r scare me, its just having someone here for fear I could get sick. But we have to say to ourselves, listen, just because we are having company doesn't mean we're going to get ill. Just like if I have to go somewhere like to the store or something, I worry I may get sick there or on the way there. We just have in our mind that certain instances we are going to get sick at. I am sure your evening and mine will go well. We will write later and tell all about our evenings and how we did. I'll be thinking of you..and you think of me. We will be just fine. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Hey all,

Thankx for replying to my post, well it went alright and I still have a friend staying,Im so tired at the moment dont really know why because ive slept quite a bit recently but in odd times..

anyway still have a friend staying tonight so hopefully everything will go alright at the moment.

I just came in at 11:30 odd from a friends and had some toast and a packet of crisps and a little bit of chocolate,I really hope that I i will be alright I was just starving at the moment.

Ive been feeling fatuiged and getting headaches on and off think its from my neck for a few days now,feels weird..

Anyway thankx again and Kim I hope your dinner went well for you xx

I'm really glad that it went alright, i'm sorry that I wasn't here before! It's really good that you ate, and i hope you have a good time with your friend. See? You can do it!!

About the headache thing, I had similar symptoms a few weeks ago when I had whiplash from a car crash. Did you do anything specific to injure it?

I'm still glad that it went well!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hi Violet, Sorry this is late but I go through the same thing. On my WEDDING day, I remember worrying what if one of the guests gets sick, or one of the kids. It's so easy to get caught up in that. And Liz, I LOVE the ANT comment. That's me too. I never heard of it put that way...Thanks..</font>

Hey Violet!

I totally understand, I would feel the same way when I'd have friends to my house or go to theirs especially overnight. The whole "what if I feel/get sick or they do?" but you know that never happened.

I'm sure things will go fine, you know you are cooking so the food will be fine. Also, I doubt they would come over to eat if they were feeling sick at all, so they are most likely okay. Don't forget to have fun!!

Hi Violet. Just wanted to tell you my night went great. We had a delicious dinner and dessert and I was perfectly fine. Im going to read on to see how yours went, Im sure it went fine too. Kim