Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

so im going on a vacation for the weekend with my boyfriend(for those of you who read my other post "guy problem" we got back together)anyways we are going to be going up north in b.c and going to be staying at a spa resort, so im really excited but really scared also..cause i havent been out of town in quite some time..although i have been gettin alot better with emetophobia, and panic attacks, i have them rarely now..but my question is..how do you cope with going out of town for a weekend and trying to have fun at the same time? i wanna really enjoy this time i have with him alone..so any advice please??
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

It has been my experience that you actually worry more before you leave, and once you get there the things that bothered you beforehand don't even enter your consciousness.

I travel often (recently I drove from California to Ottawa, spent two weeks in Australia, etc.) and tend to get really antsy right before I leave, but once I'm there have a fabulous time! Just keep busy, and more importantly enjoy your weekend alone with the boyfriend!

One more thing- if there is anything that is of particular worry for you- be equipped 'just in case'- I know when I travel I bring kleenex, purell, gum, tylenol, babywipes (believe me, they serve many purposes), and some snackey food- just so I know that I am prepared for anything! I know that definitely makes me feel more secure.

Have fun!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Once you are there, you are not even going to think about it. I went to Mexico in lastSeptember for my honeymoon, and I was so scared beforewe left. Oncewe got there, I forgot about everything. The only thing I worried about was the water, and even then, it wasn't like I was dwelling on it. Hope you have a great time!! Enjoy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.