Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I love the things, but sometimes they seem to hate the crap out of me!
    Last night I had red onions on my turkey burger and I am STILL burping them up like 18 hours later!!!
    Anyone know the trick of finding red onions that are not bitter and don't hang around on the breath for soooo damn long??? I really love eating them, but I don't want to talk to anyone today because of my horrid onion stench I have going on. And I have definitely brushed!!!

\"This too shall pass\"

Hey shiva

I think it depends really on the way they are cooked to be honest, if they are maybe fried they will get to your stomach anyway,well depending on how strong your stomach is.

Maybe make them up sepratley in a pot and cook them off a bit with some olive oil make them nice and soft and easy to digest hun

Im having them on a pizza tonight lol,sure im going to have the same problem [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] lol

Take Care

xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Buahahaa I LOVE red onions but boy do they hate me, they trigger off my IBS and sometimes I can't help but eat them lol Like Violet says, if they are fried then they will definately be more greasy etc
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Yep, I know that feeling, i love red onion, raw on burgers (home prepared and cooked) cooked with pasta (again home prepared) but everytime they get me. My other half laughs at me and says "why do you eat them?" but I love them!!!

I also love mushrooms and when cooked they have the same effect!!!. Shame one of my fav meals is pasts with mushrooms, leeks and onion............

Laney

I have to be very careful when making meals with onions cos they really don't agree with my fiance. He likes onions but they make him feel really bloated and give him wind! Raw ones are the worst, closely followed by fried. He seems pretty much ok if I roast them in the oven with a little olive oil.

You could alwyas try other members of the onion family - spring onions or shallots for example.

Tip for onion or garlic breath - chew on some fresh parsley it really helps with the stink (and parsley is really good for you - full of vitamin c and other goodies)!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

They are definitely strong. I just ate some raw on a sandwich for lunch earlier this week and could still taste them the next morning. I used mouthwash and brushed my teeth a couple of times and still could taste them. But they are so good!

I've seen a commercial for a gum that kills an onion....Eclipse maybe? I haven't tried it....

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

They only mess with me when they are raw.. and i love them raw. It's just weird, sometimes they are sweet and have no problems. other times it's like ewwwwww.
    My sister is studying to be a holistic dietician and says onions, garlic and citrus is actually wonderful for the digestive system. It might cause havoc for a while, but the digestive system adjusts and it helps a lot. I am trying to take her word on this one!
    I used to have a no onion rule (cause of indigestion), but I am giving them a shot. We shall see....

Thanks for the advice and input.

tcsarah, i have actually heard that, but have never tried it. have you done this before? does it work like they say??

\"This too shall pass\"

I have heard the parsley thing too but have never eaten it....what does it taste like? It seems like it would taste like grass!!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

Parsely is lovely,I eat it after eating gralic and sometimes sprinkle a little over my spag bol lol..

Very good for you