Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Worth a try!!

http://members.tripod.com/baliforfam..._belly_and_ras pberry_cordial.htm

I heard about rasperry killing off sv, so I googled and this is one of the things I found. Sounds promising!

that is so interesting, an dgives hope, did you find anytrhing else about it?

where did you hear about raspberry killing off sv?

I had posted th esame web link sorry...Edited by: Carolee

Quote Originally Posted by Carolee
    where did you hear about raspberry killing off sv?

I cant exactly remember, I think it was something on the radio about using it in the children's hospital here in Perth, Western Australia.

very interesting! i've heard cranberry juice (we discussed that here a few weeks back) but never raspberry. good to know!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I am going buy rasberries tomorrow....lol

Good thing I LOVE raspberries!
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Raspberries has been the leading cause of Norwalk Virus in Denmark in Spring and Fall 2005.

Edited by: dktekno

Quote Originally Posted by dktekno
    Raspberries has been the leading cause of Norwalk Virus in Denmark in Spring and Fall 2005.

Eh? [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img] Explain please?

Where can you buy raspberry juice? I never heard of it. Kim

I am going buy rasberries tomorrow....lol

I use to buy raspberries frozen in jucie all the time, then I read where you could get sv eas from raspberries. Let me do some research and see what I can find on them. Kim

This is what I saw...

Most foodborne outbreaks of norovirus illness are likely to arise though direct contamination of food by a food handler immediately before its consumption. Outbreaks have frequently been associated with consumption of cold foods, including various salads, sandwiches, and bakery products. Liquid items (e.g., salad dressing or cake icing) that allow virus to mix evenly are often implicated as a cause of outbreaks. Food can also be contaminated at its source, and oysters from contaminated waters have been associated with widespread outbreaks of gastroenteritis. Other foods, including raspberries and salads, have been contaminated before widespread distribution and subsequently caused extensive outbreaks.

I stopped buying the strawberries after I read this. If there is raspberry juice out there, I will buy it. Kim

Most foodborne outbreaks of norovirus illness are likely to arise though direct contamination of food by a food handler immediately before its consumption. Outbreaks have frequently been associated with consumption of cold foods, including various salads, sandwiches, and bakery products. Liquid items (e.g., salad dressing or cake icing) that allow virus to mix evenly are often implicated as a cause of outbreaks. Food can also be contaminated at its source, and oysters from contaminated waters have been associated with widespread outbreaks of gastroenteritis. Other foods, including raspberries and salads, have been contaminated before widespread distribution and subsequently caused extensive outbreaks.

Great-more foods to cut out of my diet? Ugh!