Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

okay, so things have beena bit tense on the board, and I've always thought, laughter is the best medicine.... so I thought maybe it it might be fun to post about a time where we just did something SO funny in regards to emet, or otherwise, that made us stop and think, " I'm a total nut"

I know one time a few years back.. I was out at a bar with some friends. My ex boyfriend, being the nice guy he was offered to drive a few extra people home. The problem was, one of the girls ended up really sick later on from too much alchohol. I knew the dreaded time would come where I would have to sit in the car with her, and I was praying that she would be okay... unfortuantly, someone gave her the dreaded plastic bag, carried her into the car.. and my poor boyfriend drove about 200km an hour with me sitting up front, fingers stuck in my ears.. humming like a mad woman, rockingback and forth.What would normally be a 30 minute drive was only a 10 minute drive, haha. I must have looked like I lost my marbles!

looking back on it now.. it was pretty funny, although at the time, I wanted to be anywhere but in that car!

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Hmmm.....how about the time I got projective vomitted on while babysitting, put the kid in a bubble bath (she was 6, no danger of drowning if left unattended for a few minutes), went outside and did the gross out dance for a full 5 minutes. With the pukey shirt on. And the porch sensor light on- I'm sure the nosey neighbours saw.

People, do you know how hard it is to get a pukey pull-over shirt off without getting it in your hair?

It was also my cousins that I was babysitting. You're damned straight I called my aunt and uncle and told them to get their butts home (I was 12- NO WAY I was cleaning up that mess. Don't even think I could now). What's even more funny- when my uncle dropped me off at home, he stayed at our place for a half hour so HE wouldn't have to clean it up either!

*amber*

Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last summer, when my emet was really bad, I was sitting in the living room. My boyfriend was asleep in the other room. I heard a noise from his room, and then smelled vomit. I freaked out and ran outside, forgetting that the main door to the condo locks behind me andI didn't have keys. So I'm knocking on my neighbors patio door at 10 pm, wearing my pajamas and no bra, asking them to let me in. I got back in to my place, grabbed my purse and some cash and left. I went to a hotel (still in pajamas, still no bra), and got a room for the night. I got a hold of my boyfriend (now fiance) a couple hours later, after shaking and crying uncontrollably. Turns out he wasn't even sick, and it was just another incidence of phantom vomit.

It was at that moment when I seriously started to question my sanity. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

In 2003 I believe it was, I and my chihuahua were spending the night at my sister's and her husband's house. He had started to complain of a stomach ache at around 11:00 p.m. I was a little nervous about that, but I still went to bed in my sister's and his bed with my sister and my dog who likes sometimes to crawl inside a pillowcase and sleep in there next to the pillow. She did that.

At 3:45 a.m. I was awakened by the sound of brother-in-law getting sick in the bathroom. I aroused my sister, and said I heard him getting sick. She looked at me and said, "you don't wanna be here now, do you?" I was like, "no, I'm gonna leave." In five minutes, I fished the chihuahua out of the pillowcase, grabbed my s***, tiptoed past my brother-in-law trying to go back to sleep on the couch and bolted out the door to drive back to my apartment 18 miles away at roughly 4:00 in the morning.

I remember this one time a few years ago where I was trying to sleep in my room and my sister and her friend were in the bathroom down the hall (Right next to the bathroom that connected to my room) and the toilet kept flushing. I was half asleep so my brain concluded that someone was throwing up. I Freaked out and ran out of my room (Wearing only panties and carrying a T-Shirt) and ran down the stairs while I was putting my shirt on...LoL. As it turns out NO one was sick, I was just freaking out for no reason and the next morning my sister asked me why I raced down the stairs half naked in the middle of the night. I probably looked PSYCHO to them!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

ok, I have two funny ones. The first one I was only about 6 or 7. I was in California visiting my grandma. We were all alone in her house, and I think she swallowed down the wrongpipe or something and started coughing by the sink. I thought for sure she was going to barf, and I didn't know what to do since i was the only other one in the house, so I ran outside, and ran to the next dooor neighbors house. Now here's where the story gets funny...I could have sworn I told the neighbor my grandma wassick and needed help, but the neighbors and my grandma insist to this day that I wasso busy looking up at Palm trees that I got lost and went to the worng house. Either way, I'm glad they thought that's what it was...that's cute and not weird.

My second story is a bit graphic, but funny. it didn't actually happen to me. My co-worker said when his daughter was a baby he was getting her naked to put her in the bath and she d* all over the front of his shirt, so he is screaming at his wife to come help him. Well his wife didn't hear, so he is trying to pull his shirt off without getting the poo on his face..well, i guess he got stuck and couldn't get the shirt off, so he is gagging and V* in his shirt, and his wife was just laughing. Of course if it were me I would be traumatized, but it's pretty funny coming from him.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I remember about 3 years ago my friend & I were browsing the net on my mums pc... eating some delicious chocolate cake & drinking tea. All was going well.. we were thinking of a cornyreply to a dirty email she had received from an ugly guy & laughing at all manner of rude stuff. I said something that really cracked her up & she threw her head back & started to laugh really loud.. then.... started to choke on a crumb of cake. I instantly panicked & froze on the spot wondering what to do. She was coughing & spluttering, so I handed her a drink.. she refused, so I patted her back with my arm fully outstretched... allwhile she was gagging & now dribbling into her lap.. I could hear strange noises coming from her tummy&knew what was gonna happen so I grabbed the keyboard, shut the drawer it was sitting on.. jumped onto &across the dining room table, shouting ' MUM HELP ME!! FOR GAWDS SAKE JUSTDONT BE SICK ON THE COMPUTER!'& landed on my mums ironing pile shaking like a leaf withone fingerin my ear.. I finally came out of hibernation & found my mate crying with v* all over her legs & hands, asking for some help so it didn't drip on the floor. She had clamped her legs together to catch it, bless her..

My mum helped her clean up & fetched her a pair of my tracky bottoms to wear home.. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Then my mate said, 'Is that all you were bothered about.. the pc!' I then realised I still had the cordless keyboard in my hands & was clasping it like a cuddly toy!

We laugh about it now & how the keyboard was more important than my mate possibly choking to death on my mums killer chocolate cake! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

last semester at school, one of the guys that lived on my floor drank an entire bottle of wine before we went out, v*ed before we left, and then wanted to leave the bar like 20 minutes after we got there because he knew he was going to be sick. me, my friend lane, and his roommate left with him because we felt bad. needless to say, he puked all over the cab on the way home, and that's a $60 fee to have it cleaned. none of us had the money on us, so we had to run up to my room to get it. i lived on the fifth floor, and it's an additional dollar for every minute the cab driver has to wait for the money, AND the elevator in my building was not working!!! so me and lane are pretty buzzed, sprinting up hundreds of stairs, just because this stupid kid puked in the cab. at the time i was pretty annoyed, but it's funny now! (we had to pay $63 in the end)

also, last summer, one of my best friends (former best friends, we don't talk much anymore, so it makes the story even better) was projectile v*ed on by some kid at a party. they were playing beer pong and the kid just v*ed ALLLLL over her. it was in her hair, her shoes, everywhere!! she was so grossed out, that she v*ed too. i have never seen her so mad in my entire life. it made my day [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Oh, ok, one time when I was about 20, my friends and I were on our way home from a club and my best friend was really really drunk and she barely drank. Well, we were really packed in the car and she was next to me and I was next to the door, I think on some person's lap. Anyway, she started covering her mouth and motioning open the window, so the driver started to slow down, as he started to slow down, I opened the door and dove out of the car, just in time! It was crazy and everyone was asking me if I was ok instead of her! I felt bad, but now thinking back, it was pretty funny!

These are sooo funny!

At the moment I can't think of any that I constitute as funny, but when I do I will be sure to share.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I think if you can laugh at yourself, these little emet moments don't seem to be as horrible or overwhelming anymore
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I remember one day when I was about 11 I convinced myself my Mum looked pale and was going to be sick. Everytime she went upstairs I asked her where she was going and if she said to the toilet I asked her what for!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

A recent occurance that I can think of is last weekend when there was a family gathering because my aunt was in town from L.A. We were talking about the last time my daughter and I visited her and her children. She said to everyone "Yes.. my children's hands have never been so clean than when Beth was visiting". I had to laugh at myself at that point because everyone else was laughing at the situation. It was funny to hear someone comment on my habits.
    \"This too shall pass\"

If I have a v* dream that involves someone I know, I've been known to
    grill them the next morning about whether or not they're feeling
    alright. Usually this happens when they don't even have a cold so they
    end up thinking I'm crazy.

Last year I had a really bad bout of either food poisoning or stomach flu. I was at school when the symptoms began, and because my mom was busy and couldn't pick me up, I had to spend the daylyingdownthe nurse's office. Only I barely slept--I had the worst case of the sh*ts imaginable, and had tofloor itto the bathroom every two minutes. The nurse and the other studentswho came into theoffice that day saw (and probably heard) the whole thing, and even though they didn't comment I knew they must've found itquite amusing. I was tempted totake my blanket and pillow and camp out right there on the bathroom floor, just to spare myselfall the "walks of shame."Edited by: juliet

My best-friend in college V* all over herself while driving and I was sitting next to her. When she pulled over, I ran out of the car and across the median in the road to sit down and totally panic... meanwhile, she is covered in V* and screaming at me to come and help her find some clothes in the trunk (we had been doing laundry) so she wouldn't have to drive back without anything on her butt! Eventually I made it back to the car, helped her get some clothes, but I insisted upon sitting in the backseat of the car on the way home with my head hanging out of the window (it wasn't warm outside either!!!).

I felt so low and so ashamed the whole time because she really needed me --- she knows about my emet... We laugh about the experience now, but it was one hellish night. She didn't get sick again that night, but her jeans got tossed!

Lesson: Do not easy greasy food on an empty stomach and then follow it with lemonade. Ewww....
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

these were soo funny. i didnt see this post before i started my own. i'll share another story.

one time i was with my friends and we drove to my brothers apartment to get stoned. my friend ended up getting really stoned and talkinbg about how she couldnt feel her spine, and i knew that was a bad sign. my brother gave us a garbage bag and we took the dreaded drive half an hour back to campus.

she was very stoned and freaked out and made me sit in the back seat and wouldnt let us even have music on and finally she started screaming I NEED A BAG I NEED A BAG and started throwing up.

i dont know what happened to the garbage bag my brother gave us, all i could find was this small clothing shopping bag that i emptied and threw at her, i plugged my ears and started squealing as my other friend pulled over. and my friend who was driving was so grossed out that he threw up too.

since they had both thrown up i had to go into some fast food joint and get napkins and a glass of water and then i had to drive both of them home.i couldn't even breath.

i was ready to stay stranded at the fast food joint. also since they were both sick, i was forced to drive everyone home. and i was in full panic mode. and the whole time i drove home i just kept yelling at both of them for throwing up, saying i couldnt believe this was happening to me while my other friend laughed his ass off.

he still thinks it is the funniest thing ever that i freaked out so bad.

and when i think back on how traumatic and insane it was, i laugh pretty hard too. but man. what an awful night!

My boyfriend got drunk one night while we were out. He was fine, I was helping him and a couple other guys walk back to our dorm, when one of the other guys pulled out a can of chew (tobacco). My boyfriend had never tried it before and decided that night and time would be a good idea to try some. Being drunker than anything, and never having tried it before, he took a flippin' handful! Like half the container of stuff and shoved it in his mouth and sucked on it for at least a mile walking home. I totally knew he was going to be sick when we got into his dorm room. I got him a trash can, stayed far away so I didn't have to look at it, and patted his back. When it seemed like he'd stopped, i completely freaked out, had a painc attack at like 2:30 am. I knew I had to stay in the room with him that night (I didn't want him to choke or something and I love him so I needed to), but I just couldn't with a trash can he had been v-ing in for 2.5 hours straight. I went across the hall and handed the trash can to our friend scott and told him i needed him to do me a favor and take it outside. He did it, but probably thinking I was nuts for waking him up in the middle of the night with a trashcan full of v-. I didn't just make him take the bag outside and throw it away either. I made him WASH the sides and stuff (there was nothing on the sides, but I just couldn't stand it). After he did all of that, I decided the trash can was much too dirty and demanded that we just trade, which at that point it was like 3 am and he didn't care. I freaked out again and couldn't get to sleep until around 4:30. My boyfriend ended up being fine- he doesn't ever get sick off drinking alone, it was the chew's fault cuz he'd hever had it before and had so much.

What's worse- at 6ish, my boyfriend wakes me up and wants to sleep in the bed with me. After all of my panicing and only an hour and a half to sleep, I didn't even care and let him sleep there!!! I woke up at 8 and got totally grossed out, ran out of the room, got in the shower (with my clothes on), and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Funny thing was, he didn't even have any v- on him either.

I came back to his room, dripping wet, and he turns around, still half asleep and goes, "Are you sick or something?"

We still laugh about it to this day!