Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay so I am just a little new to this, Im glad that I found this site and I am hoping that I can find out what is really "wrong" with me. I was wondering if anyone knew some simple signs of emetophobia. I know its obviously the fear of throwing up.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I cant remember when the last time was that I lived in a worry free life. It all started when I had a scare of being pregnant, I started Birth Control, and since then I havent been the same. Although one of the POSSIBLE side effects is Nausea, I have yet to experience it and I have been on the pill for a month know, meaning that is something that I am NOT going to experience. So why do I worry?

My boyfriend is in the air force, and when he was on grave sift he was placed on 12s. It was my birthday so bunch of my friends went to the beach for my birthday for a nice dinner. I told him that he didnt have to go becuase I knew he had been up for almost 24 hours. But he still went. He didnt eat much that day so when we started to eat dinner he got sick. He also has this thing *i forget what it is called* where he has to maintan a certain sugar level or he will get sick. After he sleeps he is much better, it like reboots his system. No its not diabetes, its something totally opposite.

Im hoping that I can get some help from other people who are experiening the same thing that I am. I want to be able to eat without worrying "omg am I going to throw up?"

For myself I am petrified of throwing up, being around anyone who is sick with the stomach flu fear of catching it, being sick in public. Because of the phobia I don't like going places where there is a crowd, such as shopping malls, movie theatre's, if I do go I make sure I know where the washrooms are and the nearest exit. I don't like long car rides at all, went on a 6 hour car ride and it almost killed me, I am planning on doing it again just to get over the fear of car rides. I had a hard time going to the dentist for the fear I would be feeling off and having a panic attack and bolting. I have worked very hard to get over the "sitting in the dentist chair" and now I have no problem. Making sure my meat that I cook is fully cooked to the point of burnt. I throw left overs out after 1 day, dont want food poisoning. I used to starve myself but not too much now. When some one is sick in my family I eat like a bird. If I have to use public washrooms I use my sleeve for the door knobs, my foot to flush the toilet. Making sure I dont touch anything. There is more.
    For me at times I feel I have this phobia under control, I haven't had a freak out of feeling sick in awhile now. I am not over it but maybe one day I will be, I am working hard and doing that.

Every one is different but I think on this forum we all have the same fear and may freak out in different ways. Go to the treatment thread, you can info on there.

For myself I am petrified of throwing up, being around anyone who is sick with the stomach flu fear of catching it, being sick in public. Because of the phobia I don't like going places where there is a crowd, such as shopping malls, movie theatre's, if I do go I make sure I know where the washrooms are and the nearest exit.

Do you afford these places at all times of the year? I do between Sept. and May but come summer I dont mind going at all. Kim

See mine all started due to stress and worry. It is so weird. It has recently been only the past month that I have in a way have had the fear of throwing up. I see it getting better each day, but Im waiting for the day to come where there is no worry what so ever. If that makes sense at all. I think the lack of water is doing it to me as well.

How long have you all had this "problem"....what do people say when you tell them about it? I feel that I am looked at by my own best friend as a looney. My boyfriend has been very understanding and has helped me through this as much as he can.

Can I ask a personal question?? Is there anyone on here who is on birth control??

Did you start feeling symptoms that you were really not having but were due to freaking out?

I am on bcp, and I got those symptoms when I re-started them after having my son. I actually went and got a lower hormone dose b/c it was getting pretty bad.

Crystal

PS...Go to the treatments thread and read Sages report. There is a section in there about common "syptoms" of being an emet.
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Im on ortho tricyclen lo and i love it....I havent experienced any symptoms and I doubt I will....its all in my head