Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all,

If you know me you know that my other half works nights on Friday and Saturdays. My 14 year old niece has to come over on those nights so I am not on my own with my kids incase they V*. (one is 3 and a half and the other 8 months.)

Anyway. I just spoke to my sister in law. (My nieces mum). She said that her son (my nieces brother) was up last night and V* 3 times.

WHAT DO I DO. Do I have my niece over as usual and risk her having what he has and giving it to my kids. Or do I not have her over and risk being here on my own if my kids v*??????? As it was my son loves a ham sandwich for breakfast but this morning he spat it out and didnt eat any more. He has been at nursery all day and they havnt phoned to tell me that he is ill.

WHAT SHALL I DO? In November my niece was over and got up on the Saturday morning and V* on our rug in the lounge. When I spoke to her mum (my sister in law) she had told me that her brother had done it the night before. Will my niece V* or have a bug to give my kids or not??????

I don't know what to do. I can't be here by myself and I dont want my kids catching anything. I am in such a bad place at the moment.

Can anyone give me some help.

Thanks

Love Karen (Pookey30)
    There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

What if you tried the weekend on your own, but called your niece to come help if anything happens and you need the help?
    \"This too shall pass\"

I would be on my own if i were you. You will be better for trying to look after them with no one else there. At your kids age is not much when they v* anyway. If you do need her then phone. You must have them by yourself sometime otherwise you will not become stronger.

Sorry to be tough, but this is the only way you will be able to get rid of this phobia.

Try to be brave.

And at least you are not putting your children at risk as to catching sv.

Lots of love

Fifi
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

I agree with Fifi and Shiva, I would try to get through on my own. Your niece will understand that you don't want to risk SV in the house.

Do you have any medication to ease the anxiety? Do you have a plan to cope, like some good films to watch if you can't sleep? Is there someone you can call if you need to? I feel annoyed on your behalf that the NHS haven't given you any help with anxiety management!

I hope with all my heart you get through the weekend without too much worry. Take care and know we're thinking about you... let us know how you are... xxx

Anyway. I just spoke to my sister in law. (My nieces mum). She said that her son (my nieces brother) was up last night and V* 3 times.

WHAT DO I DO. Do I have my niece over as usual and risk her having what he has and giving it to my kids. Or do I not have her over and risk being here on my own if my kids v*??????? As it was my son loves a ham sandwich for breakfast but this morning he spat it out and didnt eat any more. He has been at nursery all day and they havnt phoned to tell me that he is ill.

Karen I think the chances of your kids ving are FAR less than your niece. I think you need to tell her you won't be needing her this weekend. I myself would not take that chance. maybe he did, maybe he didn't have an sv, but I still wouldn't take that chance. Kim

Karen -

I am the same way about my kids when my husband travels... someone usually stays the night "just in case". In your case - I agree with Kim. The chances of your niece being s* seem much higher than your kids right now. Keep her "on notice" just in case and try it for yourself this time. As long as someone could get there quickly if need be, it should help calm your nervesa little. What are the chances hubby could come home IF need be?

Chances are that you're kids will be OK this weekend. If you aren't comfortable with the fact that she may bring an SV* to your home, I would just hold off on her until next weekend. You'll be ok, and we're all here if you need us.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Karen...I am so sorry this is late, but I just got on here.Keep your neice at home tonight and you can care for your kids. If one of them gets sick, you can then call your neice. You will do fine and your kids will too. You can do this without the added stress of worrying about the neice being sick or exposing your kids to something else.

I know you can do this and you will do great. Your neice is your security blanket and you can do this job without her tonight. I hope I got this to you soon enough!!! I am so proud of the way you handle things and I know that you are scared, I would be too, but I would be more scared about the neice having been exposed to the SV and passing it on then I would be about my kid who is fine and might , but probably won't V* tonight.

TRY to live each day like it were your last

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !!!

Well, my sister-in-law dropped my niece off to me about 6pm. I just couldn't face being on my own.

My niece knew that she would be coming round so when she found out that her brother had been sick during the night she didnt give him a kiss before she left for school. She had been at school all day too. She has listened to what I have said in the past about kissing people who have been sick. She came round and we both sat and ate sweets watching "The witches of Eastwick!"

We had a nice evening. I did tell my sister in law that if my niece does feel ill to tell me straight away and then I would call someone to take her home. Not like last time. She didnt want to tell me that she felt ill incase it scared me and then she just v* all over my rug in the lounge.

Well, got through last night and both kids seem lively enough this morning. (Touch Wood) (Hope I'm not tempting fate by saying that)

MARBY.... you asked if my other half would be able to come home if needed. Unfortunately he is a self employed cab driver. If he doesnt work he gets no money. Friday and Saturday nights are the busiest for him so I have to 'go it alone'.

Thanks for all your help on this one. I didn't get to see your messages until it was too late and she was here.

I will let you know how I get on tonight.

Thinking of you all

Karen xxx
    There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

I'm glad you had a nice evening with your niece and everything went o.k. Good luck for tonight.