Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

omg omg omg!!

i just downloaded this song and i was listening to it and singing along and all of a sudden, Pink's voice faded and i thought the song was over but then there came this dialogue between two girls and they were throwing up and making v* sounds and i heard it. i guess Pink was trying to show how stupid these girls acutally were.i didn't know what to do and i FREAKED OUT and startedhyperventilating and im still freaking out because i was caught so off guard. sorry im ramblimg. thanks for listening

-hayleyEdited by: hayleyw

o yeah I hate that part in the song, though the rest of the song is great. I have really been looking forward to her cd coming out (Tuesday yay!! I've been listening to it on mtv's siteso far, it's great) I just hope they don't include that part on the cd... but I figure if they do, o well, it'll be more exposure and probably help me. I hate how songs include that in them though... I listen to music to relax and relateto the songs, not to hear someone getting sick lol.

Caught that on one of the music channels. I didn't know it was coming. Felt ill for the rest of the day! It's the last thing you expect to see in a music video!

Eew! Who would want to listen to that- emet or not? Like for example, my friends in my dorm hall aren't emet at all, most of them can hold people's hair back while they v-. But they're not about to go listen to people gagging in their spare time. That's totally gross! Bad taste on Pink's part in my opinion.

I hope you're okay. I'd totally be freaking out too. Just try to keep in mind that for a song, it is all completely fake. They're not really doing anything but standing in a studio pretending to gag. In that respect, they are stupid girls. Really stupid girls!

I have Pink's new album here and the gagging definately isn't on the album track from what I can hear, I haven't actually heard the gagging played on a track at all just in the video. Sorry you had to hear that
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

just a side note - that part was probably put in to shock some viewers, and maybe create some controversey.. what else sells a CD better than everyone talking about it?

I personally didn't mind the scene, because it was fake and I expect these kinds of things from her - she doesn't mind shocking a crowd in some ways. I agree that the song could have done fine without it though.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I actually think the scene serves an important purpose, and that it really fits with that the song is promoting.

Everyday young girls are bombarded with images of scary-skinny celebrities who are promoted as being "in style, beautiful, popular, etc." Yes, the image presented in the video is shocking- but I think it goes toward the idea of showing that the eating disorders that somethese barely pubescent celebrities haveAREN'T glamourous nor beautiful. That it actually is quite 'stupid'.

I'm actually kind of proud that she had the balls to make the kind of video she did- after crap like "Get the Party Started" I put her up there with Britney Spears and the other pop tarts- glad I was wrong.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I loved the scene where she says" Omigod, i ate more than 300 calories today". it just shows you theunhealthy mind that the media/film industry can create!

I agree amber, that girls has balls to stand up and say " respect yourself".

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh