Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It is what is says

I have been trying to do the things which scare me. If I am afraid to get a job then I actively seek one, if I am afraid to go away somewhere then I make it my duty to do it. It's never easy, I've had some awful panic attacks that leave me shaking on the floor, but when I do them and overcome what it was that scared me the sense of achievement is amazing.

In just over a month my friend from Canada is coming to London and I will spend a week with her. Anxious doesn't even cut it So I'm starting now to take steps to help.

So today I will challenge myself by....... Eating even though my stomach has felt off all morning and not posting to get reassurance about that even though I really want to right now.

I know it's small but it's something for today, so what are you going to do?
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

i think that is absolutely wonderful.

today i think i will invest more time in other people, than myself.
    meaning really try to make sure someone else (mom, boyfriend) are having a good day, instead of thinking of 8,000 ways i may or may not contract something.
    keeping my mind OFF myself, thats a long term goal!

Good idea hippychick!

Ok today I will challenge myself by RSPVing to this party of my friends - there will be drinking and everything so its a bit nerve wracking.

I sent a PM to sage last week and I told her what I have over come with my phobia. Afraid of going to the dentist, well I have went several times telling myself I will be fine and I was. No more fears of going.
    I was afraid of going to see my Grandmother because of the drive and I went, I got in the car and went, when she died I was afraid of going because of the long drive, funny it wasn't because I was standing in front of a crowd talking about her but I was fine. SO no more being afraid of going on trips.
    Yesterday my stomach was off, I had to help out at my friends pizza place, I went and I felt better.
    My next step will be going to my sisters place 6 hours away!. I will go with my parents for the Easter weekend. I will be telling myself I will be fine and looking forward to seeing my nephews!!Edited by: ontariogirl

I ate chinese food even though i felt really sick last night...and it was ordered in...and I was nervous about it...

Those are some really fab ones! Well done [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Well today I went to a christening even though I usually avoid family stuff and things like that like the plague and went to the pub with everyone afterwards!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I let my daughter stay the night with a (pukey) friend, and have let her stay there all day.

Today I will eat a good dinner and not let myself worry about "IF" one of us will vomit it up later.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Well, I got an old one- decided to challenge myself on friday night [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Went out with my boyfriend, his brother, and a few of their friends.....well, on St. Patty's day Chris (the bf) puked after 3 1/2 - 4 beers, so I was a little nervous to say the least.

BUT- I didn't nag him about how much he was drinking, or ask him how he was feeling every 5 minutes. I never told him to slow down, or that he should cut himself off.

And you know what? He didn't even get drunk. He had a caesar and a few beers, got a shawarma to go, and was completely fine both that night and the next morning.

Just goes to show you that half the time I end up worrying over nothing- I should have more faith in my boyfriend, and the fact that he wouldn'tintentionally do something that he knows would make himself feel disgusting. Just because it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Let me clarify.. The friend that I let my daughter stay with was not presently or recently (that I know of) puking. She just always seems to be absent from school because she had "thrown up". So, there is a negative connotation I have now assoaciated with this friend.

And... I am not doing very well at my current challenge. Dinner is sloshing around and I am very full. Trying hard not to think a "what if".
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey Shiva, well done on getting past the negative thought about your daughters friends, even if you are not doing so well with the other half. Maybe you could take yourself out of the situation, do something completely different to how you normally respond, go for a walk, write a letter, something like that for half an hour and then re evaluate how you are doing *hugs*

I challenged myself today by eating 2 meals this afternoon, both had dairy in them, and I wasn't feeling good this morning - but knew my body needed the food.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I challenged myself by dealing with morning sickness 4 times last week without batting an eyelash.

Okay.. This is somewhat, but not totally, emet related.
    Today I will think positively. I will not let any negative thoughts into my mind.

\"This too shall pass\"

if you guys need to relax, espeically you shiva, i suggest maybe taking a calming bath with some aromatherapy maybe, (if it doesnt bother your tummy that is) and listen to music. Hot water always relaxes the stomach and it will help clear your head[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Today I challenged myself by not taking a Xanax when I started to feel a little yucky.

Tomorrow I will challenge myself by concentrating on work and nothing else for at least 3 hours
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Ok so today I woke up in a positive mood. I went to my first appointment to see a counslor about this phobia and why. I answered questions very honestly and I asked questions to. Do you have shrinks here? Yes. Any of the women? No. Ok well how many do you have? 5. Ok so I am explaining to you that if I feel uncomfortable in any way or its not working out I will move on to the next one. I need to be comfortable with that person and there is no BS. She said ok.
    I go back next Tuesday for the rest of the questions and then on to the shrink. Over all I had a good day

come on people keep this post going...........