Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry This is getting ridiculous..

Okay, I'm sorry, but I need to vent....

It seems like everytime I get my hopes up, they're ruined literally hours later. Take today for an example. I was having the most anxious-free day EVER until I saw five statuses on Facebook saying they're having d* and v*, and they all live in my small area too.... I thought it already did its rounds here a few weeks ago! I'm not going to stop using Facebook because of that, nor am I going to take a break from it. I use it to communicate with a best friend who lives far away from me.

Take yesterday as an example too. I was walking down to Morrisons and said to myself, 'Oh, I haven't seen anyone v* for four years now', that was quickly ruined when I saw someone get out of their car in the car park to v*. Next time, I won't say anything.

I'm having other health issues and personal problems at the moment, so the last thing I want right now is getting anxious over noro again... I'm going to try not to let it bother me.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: This is getting ridiculous..

I feel the same. I had a great day yesterday. Things weren't going right but I felt good and I too thought I haven't heard anyone being sick in awhile. WRONG my night was ruined with a text message from my husband. The guy he works with has been V all day, his whole family has it. My husband wasn't with him while he was sick but he has to work in that trailer the guy was sick in. I'm so scared my husband is going to get it and bring the germs in the house. I try so hard to keep us germ free but my husband has no issues with germs so he doesn't care. But I'm freaking out over here because he also likes to hug and kiss the kids when he's sick. He knows I won't but he will call the kids in front of me to be a butt head. It drives me crazy.

So I know how you feel. I can't hardly move today because I started my monthly and I'm just flat out miserable.

I feel the exact same. I have been making progress with my anxiety and emet and having to take less ativan at work and 2 times this week my great day has been ruined by hearing about someone that had a sv or "food poisoning"
    and just now my co-workers son called her crying to say he isnt feeling well. Damn. Now shes leaving to go pick him up. I know you aren't contagious until you start showing symptoms but still, it freaks me out.
    Good thing to day is my last day at work for a week. I get to have 6 days off and hopefully her son doesn't have noro and hopefully he doesnt spread it to her and she brings it in the office..... please god.... sigh.
    Seems like whenever i start letting my guard down a little or letting my emet slide away from me, something happens to make me guarded again... i hate this.
    Last edited by lianne; 01-16-2013 at 03:02 PM.

It always seems to be when things are going best doesn't it? Or something like that always happens when you're there i.e hearing about people having noro. I'm just thinking that it won't be as bad past March because iirc Jan-March are the peak months for noro* so if I can just wait for two more months without catching it, I'll be alright for a while and I won't really have to worry! We're all here for you and we're all the same so if you ever need a chat just send me a message (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A lot of it is attitude. I had a bad attitude the past few days and everything was worse. It was also my cycle.

I have had to learn to change my thinking with this phobia. I sometimes get superstitious about things. I mean that my mind tries to find patterns about v.. when there are no patterns. My mind used to always let hearing about someone v.. or seeing someone v.. ruin the day for me. I would overthink the experience, replay the experience in my mind, become anxious, and even think that there is more likelihood of another v.. incident happening.

I still struggle at times. I especially struggle when I am stressed about other things or I am not at my best due to a cold or pms.

Keep fighting the fight. You have come a long way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

4 years? lucky seems like i have the unfortunate pleasure of seeing a person v* every 6 weeks or so >.<

and more good news about noro in the UK anyway, recently read an article and rates are now down something like 32%

I am right there with you on the Facebook updates regarding bodily functions. I don't care what they are, be it d* or v*, or anything in between. It is astonishing to me that people feel as if this is something that is worthy of sharing. I personally feel as if it plays a large role in my phobia. I feel as if I've been "jinxed" when someone mentions it, and even the words on my screen sends pangs of anxiety through my entire body. I will be happy when people learn that not everything needs to be shared.

I know right?! I mean, even non-emets don't want to know about that sort of thing. The last thing I would do if I had the sv*, v* or d* is update my Facebook status about it.... But some people have to update everything they do/that happens in their daily lives. Ranging from going out to putting some socks on. Thankfully, three people have said they had eaten something dodgy and the other two people arn't even in my town anymore. I just WISH I could think, 'Maybe they've eaten something bad or have FP*', but my crazy mind thinks it's ALWAYS the SV*.

Thank you all for your kind words! I really appreciate it.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"