Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stemetil

Has anyone else taken it??, i had to have it when i went in hospital as i was sick and as soon as they injected me with it i wasn't sick again. They also gave it too a woman who kept V and as soon as they gave it her she was fine and she was up laughing again in about 15 minutes drinking juice and she had like a stomach virus from the hospital i think.

I've never taken it before. Is it supposed to just stop vomitting? Were you recently sick?
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I was on Stemetil. I took it for nausea and it works! Makes you pretty sleepy depending on how strong the dose.
    I was on it when I was in my 20's I think.

<DIV>Hey, yeah i went on stemetil in hospital because i felt sick and it stopped it like that!, you see i was sick once, then because it hurt my stomach so much to be sick they told me to go into the hospital for an injection of it and i wasnt sick again after that, and yeah it stopped the feeling of sick aswell. Also i agree lol it does make you sleepy lol i was very sleepy after taking it which was better as it calmed me down.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>

Yeah, I've taken it. I had labyrinthitis, a condition where the room doesn't stop spinning. It's an anti-emetic and it did help my nausea which was brought on by the perceived motion of the spinning room. It's supposed to make you drowsy but I can't remember being affected by this.

stemetil is my BEST FRIEND!!! everytone on here has all sorts of anti-emetics but the one i use is stem.. its great.. it stops u from v*, stops nausea and any vertigo, giddy head feelings you get when sick, hungover or in a plane... its BRILLIANT!! does make u slepy tho
    stef - everything happens for a reason

Yeah stemetil is a good friend to have in times of need lol. I was on maxalon which helped, but then i had a really bad reaction too it as the hospital some how gave me an overdose! (grrr) and i had to stay in hospital longer because i kept having these fits, it was horrible, so they gave me stemetil to have if i need it, when i got injected with it the sickness went off and i was reallllllly sleepy, but when i got home then my stomach still hurt as i had to much acid in it so i had to go back to the doctor and i remember i was falling to sleep while talking to him as the stemetil had me tired.

Put it this way.....

WITHOUT STEMETIL I WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE LONG AGO

I love it. I agree with Ontariogirl that it does make you sleepy but if you feel ill its a good thing because when you wake up you feel okay. Many a time over years I have taken this. I was it for vertigo about 15 years ago and have used it ever since. I went to get some more from the doctor and they gave me PROCHLORPERAZINE instead but that seems to work just as well.

Every emet should have it !!!!!
    There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

Is it available in the United States? You guys in the UK should count your blessings. Seems like you can get anything over the counter over there!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

hey, yeah i think it is avalible in the US, i didn't get stemetil over the counter though, i had to get tabs from the doctor, or get it injected. If you go to your doctor and maybe ask them? prochlorperazine is the drug it is, but theres many types that have that in, the ones i know of are stemetil and buccastem, buccastem are ones they normally give if you can't swallow the tablets as you put them in your upper gum and they melt into the blood stream insted of having to go into your stomach. Hope that helps.

Hmm, ok thanks for the info!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

You can check STEMETIL on this site http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s31047-s-STEMETIL.aspx and I hope it will help you to understand about it more better!

STEMETIL is a life-saver, I carry a packet with me at all times, although I very rarely have to take any. They do make me feel very, very sleepy for at least 12 hours after I take them. STEMETIL is the brand name, the generic name is PROCHLORPERAZINE, which is the same thing. I am sure they will be available in the US.

I agree, i have them too, i only take them when i feel really n*, they stopped me v* when i was in hospital, so i keep them with me when i need them.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wow i didnt realise stemetil was an anti-emetic. i got given it for an ear infection/dizziness once.. guess i'll hold onto it for when i feel nauseaus too!
    Angles

do you need to be subscired stemtil by your doctor? Or can you just pick it up from the chemist?xxx

in australia you need a prescription.. not sure about anywhere else though sorry
    Angles

I had to get mine perscribed by the doctor, you can get something called buccastem which has the same drug in it, just not as much of it, but you put it under your lip and it dissolves, so you don't have to swallow it if you feel sick. I felt v n* last night because of my ibs, i took one and it makes me fall to sleep, woke up and felt fine, after nealry v* in the car. I find they have really helped me.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.