Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone im new to this site and this is my first post. I am so happy i found somewhere where i can get support for my long living phobia. Well here is my dilema , I am currently thinking about having a baby with my boyfreind but as you probably know am scared to death of the chance of getting morning sickness. Have any others like me on this site been through the experience ? I have looked up some facts and it says that 75 - 95 % experience nausea and only 25 - 55% experience actual mornign *sickness. I also found out that 73 % of emets make it through the pregnancy with out morning sickness too! I have read some posts about women suffering from emet with children and i am in awe ! wow they are brave to take the chance . i deff. want to have children but am so nervous and scared please if anyone knows anything let me know thank you all so much! xoxox and thank you for the site it is such a great help <3

Hey punchbuggy,

Welcome to the site its lovely to have you here hun

I am not a mother myself but there are alot of lovely ones on here and who are amazing mothers,they may be able to give you some help on this,but welcome again and hope you find your stay here helpful

xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have 2 kids.

First pregnancy, not a bit of morning sickness, gained 50lbs!

Second pregnancy, N* for 8 months, every minute of the day, took all sorts of medication, never actually V*, however considered just letting it happen, lost 10 pounds during the first 2 months, then gained back 25 before the baby arrived.

They were both worth it.

BandNerd

Hey and welcome! I have one child and I didn't really experience morning sickness. I got very mildly nauseated OCCASIONALLY if I let my stomach get too empty but that was it.I gained about 45 pounds.

Good luck!

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

Hi and welcome

I have had two kids and didn't vomit with either of them. I did feel 'green' for a couple of months but mainly at night. I found that frequent, small meals and lots of rest was the key. If I felt really nauseus then I would go and lay down, sleep for a bit and it would go away. Certain foods also triggered it so you will soon find out what agrees and doesn't. I will never eat porridge again!! If by some unlucky chance you do get vomiting with your morning sickness, then just think that it won't necessarily last long, there is medication that can alleviate it and it is for a good cause [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]!!

I've got two kids, with the first I had nausea for an hour or so in the eveningsduringthe earlyweeks. With my second, I had it quite bad for a couple of weeks, probably weeks 9 and 10, then just mild queasiness throughout. Never v* though, nor did I come close to it. It's a weird kind of nausea because if you eat a little, it goes away. The trick is to eat little and often. You could also sip ginger tea or take ginger capsules, even ginger biscuits are good to nibble on. Ginger is very good at getting rid of nausea.

Anyway, I'd go for it. I hate the thought of v* but would go through it every day rather than be without my kids!

Oh, and welcome to the site!

i have one daughter and i had no morning sickness whatsoever. i felt a litte sick a couple of times at night but nothing major.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Welcome to the site! It's not inevitable that you will get morning sickness. I have two sons and wasn't sick in either pregnancy.(though I did feel a bit nauseous if I got too hungry) Ask your female relatives. If they didn't get sick, chances are you won't.

And no matter what - the end result is worth it!

Hi and welcome! I have 3 kids. I had "evening sickness" with the first...took 1/2 of a phenergan and all was well I NEVER TU....the second one I was N* all day long! until I found frosted Cheerios! I just munched on them and the N* went away! The third..oh he made me have heart burn & indigestion I just kept the liquid Maalox (berryflavor) handy and I NEVER got S* .... Everyone is different. For example,My cousin, who is also emet, breezed through her first pregnancy no N*...her second one, she was sick the firsttrimester and then it was gone UNLESS she ate tomatoes or anything with tomatoes in it. She said her daughter is a blessingand she was worth theBad stuff...BUT that she was her last child. Being an emet she said she just couldn risk that again. As you can tellshe let her emet tell her no more kids...ME on the other hand did it 3 times and every one of my children is a joy to me. NOW you ask how we get along should they get sick.....When they are babies, the spit up isn't bad at all. Never bothered me one bit (thank God too because my middle had colic with V* and the last had reflux like you wouldn't believe). BUT when they got the SV, I ran for the hills. Again I thank God that I have a wonderful mom thattook over and she handled it for me. They got it again last year and I caught it too....first time I TU in over 21 years! BUT I STILL wouldn't go back and NOT have my children. They complete melike nothing else in this world could ever do! To have them hug me and call me mommy.OH it turnes me to mush!

tshell

One pregnancy- no n* and no V* - smooth sailing!

I'm 5 weeks with my first pregnancy. I'm only a little nauseous when I first wake up - for about 10 minutes at most with a little dry heaving. It's not really that bad. I also learned the hard way that I have to keep something in my stomach at all times or I will get a little green around the gills!

My friend had a baby and she never got sick once, she isn't an emet but she swore that as long as she kept eating she felt fine, of course we all teased her about it being an excuse to eat everything but little and often worked for her.

xxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy

Hello everyone im new to this site and this is my first post. I am so happy i found somewhere where i can get support for my long living phobia. Well here is my dilema , I am currently thinking about having a baby with my boyfreind but as you probably know am scared to death of the chance of getting morning sickness. Have any others like me on this site been through the experience ? I have looked up some facts and it says that 75 - 95 % experience nausea and only 25 - 55% experience actual mornign *sickness. I also found out that 73 % of emets make it through the pregnancy with out morning sickness too! I have read some posts about women suffering from emet with children and i am in awe ! wow they are brave to take the chance . i deff. want to have children but am so nervous and scared please if anyone knows anything let me know thank you all so much! xoxox and thank you for the site it is such a great help <3

Funny story. Someone else posted something like this and i replied with something saying that i probably never wanted to have kids, how I wouldn't be able to handle it when they get sick, etc.... I found out like what? Less than a week later I was pregnant.

I am currently about 8.5 wekks pregnant and I have exprienced no morning sickness what so ever. Mom mom said I would at week 7 or 8 because she had it really bad, but I guess I've been lucky so far. Hopefully I will stay lucky!

There are pills that are baby safe that the doctor can perscribe if you want or there's lots of other remedies (didn't someone post about pregnency lollypops or something...i wonder how those work) to combat morning sickness. Worse comes to worse, morning sickness normally comes at week 7 or 8 and lasts until like week 14. So even if you do get it, it will be unplesant but not for very long. I know you will make a great mom, and you can do this!

Good luck!!!