Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

by antibiotics? My hubby said that they do??
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

There is no cure for colds, taking antibioticsfor things like colds kills your good bacteria and leads to antibiotic resistance.Not sure about Flu but think it's the same, they have these advert things by the nhs in magazines that say this to try and stop people demanding antibios for everything i think. Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I thought so. Thanks hippychick.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Bacterial infections are cured by antibiotics or by your body just eventually fighting them. Viruses are cured naturally or by anti-viral medications.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PURPLETEACHER is right, the bacterial infections are cured by antibiotics, which are helpful for the secondary infections you get as a result of a cold or flu, like bronchitis, strep or tonsilitis, pneumonia-types, etc. Damn--why coulcn't the SV* be bacterial!!??!!??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I think if you took antibiotics with an sv-, you would v- it right back up.

I know we don't see it this way, because we're afraid of it, but actually when people have a virus and are v-, it's the body's way of getting rid of the virus. Scientifically speaking, it's something we really shouldn't be afraid of. But then again, I'm one to talk. Gross!!!!

All is true! A sv is a virus, not bacterial. So, no antibiotic in the world will cure a cold or a flu. Plus, if you take antibiotics too much, when you need them, they might not help b/c your body becomes immune to them.

I just finished TWO cycles of antibiotics for strep throat, and another MAJOR disadvantage to them, is yeast infections. OMG! The antibiotics actually kill the natural, good bacteria in your vagina (sorry boys) and you can easily get a yeast infection.

So, don't listen to hubby. Listen to your body to let you know if it is a cold, or worse.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Thanks guys. I already knew the answer. I just wanted some replies from you guys, so hubby can see that he's "not right" like he thinks he always is.lol
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.