Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello All! I know I don't post to this site as often as I used to, but I do regularly paruse the posts. I am still emet and hating it. I am off of my meds - I got sick of being fat. I have lost 12 lbs so far. THank God. I am starting to get agressive with therapy. By agressive I mean actually making the time to go. I am so busy all the time and it seems like therapy gets knocked off the list everytime, but then I hate this stupid emet. Anyway, hopefully, I am on the track to getting better.

I have been pretty anxious lately and worried about emet. I am participating in a 180 mile bike ride from Houston, Texas to Austin, Texas to benefit multiple sclerosis. I have been training like craBzy every weekend and hopefully I will be physically ready. THere are so many things about this ride that have nothing to do with actually riding that terrify me. The food. Both days of the ride, food will be mass prepared for the 13,000 riders. I am worried about cleanliness and cross-contamination, and if food stays at appropriate temperatures. We have to camp in a tent overnight. I don't do well in that situation. I like for there to be a TV. When I get panicky, I like to watch TV to calm me down. Then I am worried about dehydration and overheating. We did a really difficult ride this past weekend and afterwards I felt so sick. I was so scared. I think I did not eat enough before we rode, did not drink enough during the ride, and didn't use sunblock. Still, I am scared. THe ride is APril 22 and 23rd. I hate how this stupid phobia affects my life. This should be a fun experience, and all I can do is worry. If you all could keep me in your thoughts that weekend, that would be great. Accomplishing this will be a huge thing for me.

BTW, this ride I am participating in helps to raise funds for mutiple sclerosis research. Did you know that one person is disagnosed with MS every hour? 83 cents of every dollar donated to the National MS Society goes to help people affected by MS. In order to ride, I have to raise at least $400. (my husband too) Since all of my friends are already riding, my family consists of my dad and I am riding on my employers team, I don't have many people to ask to support me. If any of you are interested in supporting me and helping fund MS research you can donate by clicking on the link. You all already support me emotionally and thank you for that!

Amanda Lamb

Donation LinkEdited by: aguerra29

Hi Amanda. I just wanted to let you know, I just made a donation. Good luck on your ride. I give you 2 thumbs up for what you are doing. I have a friend who's mom has MS so I can see first hand what a devastating disease it can be.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Thank you babygap!!!

I will try my best to do my part and finish the ride.

I don't have a pedal partner yet. If you friend's mom is interested I could be her pedal partner. (That means I wear a red bandana with her name on it for the ride. I would be "riding for her")

Thanks again for your generous donation!

Amanda

Go Amanda! You can do it- I know you can, and just think how fantastic
    you will feel when you accomplish this!

my opa has MS and my sister recently had a scare where it was possible that she had it (she doesnt, though, thank goodness!!!!!).

good for you!! not many people, including myself, could find the strength and courage to accomplish what you are going to do! give youself one biiiig pat on the back let us know how it goes !

-hayley xoxoxo

ps. i dont know if you are going to be carrying some kind of bag with you (well..probably not...) but if you do, maybe you could bring a book and a small flashlight with you as a substitute for a television, in case of a panic.

good luck!