Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I haven't been feeling great all morning. I didn't sleep well, and my stomach has been a little off since I got up. I have now been at work for about 3 1/2 hours. About an hour and a half ago, I ate a plain bagel to see if it would help. I don't really know if it helped, hurt or nothing, I didn't really pay attention (which is an accomplishment in itself - not obsessing), but now I am noticing my stomach feeling off again, so I just ate a granola bar. It just hit me how often I do that now - eat when I don't feel quite right. Before, I would starve myself until I was absolutely, 100% sure I was just hungry. Now, one of the first things I do is try eating something. 99.9% of the time - it helps! I just realized what a huge accomplishment this is over my emet. I look healthier, I feel better (my IBS has all but disappeared) and hopefully I can keep some of this weight I have gained. Yay!

Well I think that is great progress. It's so common to starve ourselves, thinking this will stop anything nasty happening. I too find that sometimes eating does help, and it makes me feel that there's probably nothing wrong otherwise I wouldn't be able to even think of food. Anyway, well done and keep up the eating!!

Congratulations, that is wonderful progress!!
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Good for you!! That is a big accomplishment!

I do the same thing. 9 times out of 10 I feel nauseous because I need to eat. The longer I go without eating the worse I feel. I find eating light snacks in between meals helps.

Ive gained 19 lbs so far...UGH! I am 27 weeks.

How is your pregnancy going??Edited by: madisonsmom

Well done sillygirl, this is excellent to hear! You're right, alot of the time when we feel off its to do with not having anything in our stomachs at the time.

Keep it up!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Good job...i also find that eating just a little something will help with your stomach feeling off. Most of the time anyway...and when is it you are due? I am jealous of all the expecting moms on here...i miss those days Mine are getting alittle older now, and i miss having a little one around the house to cuddle. Best wishes to all of the pregnant moms on here
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Way to go! I think that is a huge hurdle - learning that not every tummy thing is bad. Sometimes it's just, "hello? Empty! Want food!".[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]