Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was watching the South Park Movie the other day and it got me to thinking...what do you people in Canada think about the way they portray Canadians? LoL! Sorry I just wanted to get the opinions of actual people from Canada. Have you guys seen the show?

Kyle's Mom: You Canadians are all the same, with your beady little eyes and flapping heads!
    Canadian Prime Minister: That is racist! You are a racist Ma'am you are a RACIST!

LoL. Now obviously I know that Canadians don't have beady little eyes and heads that detatch from their mouths but I still think it's funny. What do you all think?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

honestly? Im a canadian and I think its funny. The show makes fun of everyone in some way or another, and I think you can take offence to it, or laugh it off as a joke.

the show has always done things in the extreme - and thats how it's gotten so much attention. I personally don't have any issues with it, and most americans do know, like you said, that us canadians really arn't any different than americans.

The show takes alot of cheap shots at people - Barbara Striesand, Tom cruise, too name a few - and as far as I know, both of these people are american.

Sometimes, I will admit, I am a bit offended, but overall, I think its funny. the show just has to be careful how far they push the jokes.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I find it funny. The thing with Canadians is, we're always so damned please with ourselves when you Americans remember that we exist, that it doesn't matter if it's negative or positive. We're just thriled to be mentioned. I thought Blame Canada was one of the funniest things ever.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

I thought it was absolutely hilarious! Especiallythe part in the song: "with their hockey hullabaloo and that bitch, Anne Murray, too..." (Anne Murray is this Nova Scotian folk singer from the 70s who's probably like...the nicest woman on the face of the earth. All her songs are sappy and romantic...ha ha...I heard she thought it was funny herself.)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LoL I'm glad you guys think it's funny. I mean I remember this one time I was talking to these Mormon missionaries and I mentioned South Park to them. The one guy I was talking to had never seen it, and I told him the Joke that South Park made that only Mormons go to heaven. He didn't think it was that funny but I thought it was hilarious! I like Canada it's a really nice place, I've only been there twice...once when I was like 5 and then again sometime in 6th grade. It was a bad trip cause I had to share a hotel room with three girls in my class that hated my guts! They beat me up that night! BOOO on them. LoL...anyway thanks for the opinions guys!

~Monica

Famous Canadian comedians:

Mike Meyers, Jim Carey, Dan Ackroyd, John Candy, Howie Mandel, Mike McDonald, (there's more but I can't remember them all...apparently we produce a lot of famous comedians here...ha ha)

Try out the movie "Canadian Bacon" written by Michael Moore and featuring John Candy and Dan Ackroyd. It's really funny - well, especially if you're a Canadian. Canadians are known for being super "polite", like if you bump into one, even on purpose, THEY will say "I'm sorry" right away. In the Canadian Bacon movie there's this military attack in Toronto at one point and all the soldiers with machine guns stop on their way through to say "I'm sorry" to everyone they run past. ....ha ha ha

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

LoL that sounds like a funny movie! I'll have to get that sometime! I didn't know Canadians were so polite...I mean I'm polite pretty much. If I run into someone I always say that I'm sorry but then again LOTS of people run into me and either curse or tell me to get the hell out of the way. America sucks...can I move in with one of you guys? LoL!

~Monica

I just went to Canada (Calgary) for the first time a few weeks ago with my job. I will saw, everyone was polite - even the homeless people. My husband noticed that. My only compliant is that it was so flipping cold!! I have been in Houston tooooooo long.

sage, you don't happen to be from nova scotia do you? * trying not to steal thread*

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

bump?

I've never been to Canada but I would adore to visit, one of my friends is from Ontario and she's coming over for a visit in may, would love to go back with her haha. One of our other mutual friends however just cannot grasp that America and Canada are not the same place haha

I can't comment on whether I'd feel offended or not but since South Park takes the piss out of absolutely everything including themselves I don't see any point getting mad at anything on there.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

hey babydoll,

I was born and brought up in Nova Scotia...went to high school and university in Ontario, then moved to Vancouver in 1979 where I've been ever since!

I love the show

sage.. I live in nova scotia! how cool is that? finally someone is from where I'm from!

I used to work with a woman from Canada. We "clicked" during my pre-employment interview, and had the best working relationship of all of my other jobs!! She was nice, polite, and had a great sense of humor! We understood each other, and she was also a bit old-fashioned, like in a comforting way to me. Canadian French is part of my heritage as well, then I have the Puerto-Rican side of me that's NOT so nice, but I can tell you, if she and her hubby are any indication of what people are like in Canada, I'd take them over rude americans anyday!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

We are nice people!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]