Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Happy Easter everyone.

My sister is having a big Easter dinner and everyone is suppose to be there.

Sighh. I have already set in my mind that I am going and that I will be ok. Just figured that since this was a place of support that a few helpful hints and support will make it easier.

I already feel a bit of a tummy ache but I took a step today and actually have eaten some breakfast, which when I know I am going somewhere I don't usually do.

I keep wanting to take something like a Gravil but I know that if I take it now I will feel tired and don't want to feel tired. I also know then that if I am feeling tired or sleepy I won't be able to drive and I think i will need to because it is an hour away.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Starting to breath heav thinking about it. I am hoping that typing this out will even help me out.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL. HUGS AND SMILES
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I hope everything goes ok for you. I'm sure it will. We all get nervouse in thses situations., thats probably why your stomach is a bit odd at the moment. If you're worried about the food there maybe eat the stuff on the bottom if the plates and eat once you get home. I'm sure you'l have a great time. If you get chatting to someone you may even forget about your emet altogether.

Hope it goes well

Luck. Youll Be Fine.

good luck, you'll be fine. one of my cousin's friends comes over to her house after school on wednesdays & when i'm over there i've learned to be myself & eat in front of her.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I am not sure so much that it is eating in front of people but the thought that I am so far away from home and that if I eat, something might upset my tummy. I get nervous around all those other people eating especually at a big family function like it will be.

Thanks all for the good words
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hey there,

I know eating in large family situacions can be tough, I never liked it myself, and always did with trepidation. But really, 99% of times nothing bad happens, and usually your stomach feels off in the first place cause you get nervous about it. I know its hard not to. Also, what I do is not put a lot at all on my plate, so that I know I can eat it easily without being embarassed. I hope you have a good time there! Im sure it will go well.

Well..you've got more guts than me! I've pretty much given up on eating
    with family. Heh, as I type this my family is upstair eating easter
    dinner, and it's only like 4 people! I'll probably wait for the kitchen
    to clear out and make something for myself. It makes me feel like a
    weirdo because I know everyone is probably wondering why I can't eat
    with them. Anyway...You'll do OK, we tend to assume the worst is going
    to happen, but it hardly ever does.

Hey Melikasa,

I hope the dinner went well. I'm guessing I am a little too late on this post to give any advice, as you are probably already there, but I'll bet you took everyone else's words of advicewith you, and had a great time with your family. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Hey everyone,

Dinner went pretty good. I felt pretty good through the whole thing but I didn't eat anything really. I nibbled a little here and there. We watched the hockey game. GO CANUCKS !![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

The one down point was my husband said he didn't feel well when we were leaving and needed to drive. I was ok in te car for about 20 min but I was feeling just horrid. All I could think about was that I had eaten some stuff before we left, he wasn't feeling well, and that I might get car sick. I couldn't talk and I got all shaky and sweaty. There wasn't anywhere to pull over either right away which didn't help but luckily we founda spot and we switched. WHEW!!

THanks all for the support before