Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just got a call that I have a job interview on thursday!! I am so excited! But I'm nervous too, I'd really like to work at this place but I don't know how to do well in job interviews -_- I've never had a job before, and I had one job interview before that I think I messed up pretty badly. I just feel so awkward in them. I feel like they want me to almost brag about myself, and I don't feel comfortable doing that... and also, it just confuses me to be asked about "problems" I have dealt with in work before (I've done volunteer jobs). Should I be honest and give a description of a bad problem, or be less honest and talk about how I handled a minor problem? Is it a good idea to bring a resume? I'm so confused! My last interview, he just let me talk on a subject until I felt like stopping... how long should I talk for if that happens again? If anyone has any interview advice, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks

That's great. I'm happy for you. Always dress professional. Bring a resume if you have one. They usually want one anyway. Just answer the questions they ask you honestly and the best you can. If they ask you what you are looking for as far as pay, always ask for higher b/c then you can alway negotiate. Always smile and look them in the eye. Make sure that you sound interested and eager about the job. Where is the job at?
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Bring a resume if you have one.

Be prepared to talk about 3-4 challeges you faced that are relevant to this job and how you handled them appropriately.

Be prepared to talk about what specific skills you have that will help you with this job example - excellent communication skills both oral and written, ability to provide high level of customer service, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, whatever is relevant to this job

Be prepared to answer how the company will benefit from hiring you.

Have a few questions prepared to ask the interviewer.

Do your research on the company.

I don't know what level of job you are going for, but I have gotten every job I have interviewed for since I was 16 (now 30). These are good things to remember regardless of what kind of job it is.

ALways act and dress professionally. Take out any unusual piercings. Keep make-up simple. Make sure nails are well groomed.

That's all I can think of for now.

Hi thanks It's at Macy's, I'd probably either do work with inventory or as a cashier, part time. I don't actually have a resume... but I have time to make one. I don't remember how to make one though, but I guess I can google it. thank you!

That's cool. I love Macy's. Where do you live?
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I wish you the best! One of the key things to remember that I was always told is when the interviewer asks you a "negative sounding" question, always turn it into a positive. For example, if you are asked to name one of your major weaknesses, explain how you have overcome and/or dealt with whatever it is in a positive way! You'll be fine, good luck! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I live in Washington, I'd be working at the Redmond one if I get the job (it's about 1/2 hr from Seattle). It's a great store, working there would be nice I could get a discount probably ^^

yeah my boyfriend has a habit of not getting jobs because he doesn't ifll out applications well, but if you could handle the application to get the interview, you can do it

thanks I have an idea that they interview everyone there lol.. since the day I filled out the application (last thursday I think), they said they would interview me then, but the person who does the interviews had gone home... so they said they'd call me later (which I guess was today). I hope that the fact it took them awhile to call for the interview means they read and liked my application..

I just wanted to say, thank you everyone!! I ended up getting the job

Congratulations! Hope you really enjoy it there, and get a nice healthy discount too [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]