Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: a food question

i had eaten a taco & it had a weird after taste & i was wondering if i could be the taco itself or the fact that i may be sick w/ the chicken pox(second case & i'm19)& it could have an effect on my taste buds?
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Tacos have a strong taste anyway, probably just the spices, I wouldn't worry. Can you get chicken pox twice???? Not heard of that one before. Is it definitely that, or shingles perhaps?

well, i eat tacos quite a bit & it had a weird after taste.
    ♥Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by suze
    Tacos have a strong taste anyway, probably just the spices, I wouldn't worry. Can you get chicken pox twice???? Not heard of that one before. Is it definitely that, or shingles perhaps?

yeah, you can them twice depending on how bad it was the first time.
    ♥Stephanie

You can get the chicken pox twice, if you got a very mild case the first time. I actually got the chicken pox twice- once when I was four and went to a friend's birthday party even though she had it. I only got a few pox though. Then I got it again really bad in second grade.

While I don't remember exactly what having the pox was like as far as tasting things, I do remember that my mom got worried about me because I didn't want to eat for a week and as a kid I got really dehydrated from that. But then again, I'm one of those people who doesn't like to eat at all if sick- with a cold or the pox even. I wouldn't worry about the taco. Sometimes they have spices and such that are different.

Tacos always leave a weird after taste. Well, to me anyway. It could be the spices they use. Plus, if you get them from an authentic place, they usually leave a weird after taste, but if you have the chicken pox, it could be that. I know when I'm sick, my taste buds are always off. Hope you feel better. Is this a really bad case of them now?
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Hey - I like your avatar. Nickelback, right? I have a Nickelback avatar too. I love that band. My hubby saw them in concert and he said that they were great. I'd love to see them.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

lol- I'm another one of those who got it twice- both times it was HORRIBLE. There were itchy spots in places I didn't know even existed, let alone how to scratch them.

*amber*

well, i was 3 the first time i had them & i don't even remember them. my parents told me that it was a mild case. all i know is i'm just all itchy[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]. princessmel, my avi is nickelback. i would also love to see them live.
    ♥Stephanie

Do you have a fever? If you do, this could be causing your taste buds to distort things a bit.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

right now all i have are the spots & the itching. it all started w/ an earache.
    ♥Stephanie