Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok I am freaking out...my nephew is still v* today it i shis third day..first day he v'd twice...kept down a bottle...next morning he ate breakfast was fine, v'd up his lunch...had d...today he just v'd twice again...but he ate breakfast fine this morning...I just couldn't stay away ifeel so doomed I have inhaled a d. diaper ( so tmi, it wa sin th egarbage an di smeeled something bad an dfound out my sister oput his d diaper in there and now i feel like i have inhaled th evirus ) plus I gave hima kiss 20 minutes before he got sick th efirst time...I havent been that careful, trying to challenge my emet. but this is crazy i am FREAKING out! What does this osund like to you guys?

It could be the tail end of the virus. Babies tummy's are more sensitive than adults, so its posbbile the poor little guy just isn't over it yet. Don't worry about inhaling the diaper smell, I think it has more to do w/ injesting the virus rather than inhaling.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

h eis one yrs old, is it quite likely that something that would make him v...i would have d instead?

Poor you!I am sorry your little nephew is still not very well. I know how bad you must be feeling. I do not think just smelling a d* nappy will pass on an sv. I have had to change my children when they have had d* and that does not mean I will catch what they have. Babies and young childrenget ill much easier than adults, so hopefully you will stay well. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. Good luck and I am glad you are back. I hope your nephew feels better soon.

It does sound like a virus. It does take a toll on a little ones belly and can last 5-7 days. This is mainly babies and toddlers. They need to stay away from milk and dairy products. If he is on milk/formula then he may need to be on soy....temporarily. It aggrevates the d*!Edited by: madisonsmom

Maybe virus, or some bad food eaten???

It could be rotavirus which is the most common cause of gastroenteritis in young children. Most of us grown ups have immunity so try not to worry. It flew round my son's nursery once, when he was about 18 months old. Virtually all the kids got it, but none of the adults, and they were cleaning it all up left right and centre!

Also, my daughter has taken up to 5 days to stop v*. It might only happen once a day but it's not unusual for it to continue. This doesn't mean he's particularly infectious, it's just that his little stomach isn't up to taking much bulk yet.

my daughter just had a sv* where she v* for 5 days in a row. she would seem fine for one part of the day and the next thing you know, bam, she was sick again. she only had d* a few times but the v* lasted for 5 days. she is 2 1/2 though so she wasn't depending on formula as food so we kind of just gave her pedialyte and crackers here and there. the doctor told me that children can go for days without eating and they will be fine as long as they have liquid intake, so isuggest to your sister to give him pedialyte so he gets hydrated (water irritates the stomach) and not to feed him for 5-7 hours after he v* so that his stomach can relax and settle.i spoke to 3 different doctors when my daughter had this and they allsaid not to feedher for at least 5 hours after she got sick. she went for 2 days without food at all and yes she was hungry, but shedidn't understandthat whenever she ate it made her v*. she was absolutely fine without eating and she wasn't harmed at all, and after the virus passed she went right back to hernormal eating pattern, we just had to start her off on a light diet. hopefully this helps, good luck to you!

hi carolee

once when i was babysitting my neice when she was about 2 years old, she complained she wasnt feeling well. i tried to brush it off as nothing. anyway, a few hours later she woke up with terrible d* and then v* all over me from an SV*! YUCK! anyway, my point is, i came in very very close contact with the virus but nothing happened.nothing at all! i even managed to kiss her goodnight and give her a bath after cleaning her up. try not to worry (easier said than done) as i am sure you'll be okay. PM me if you need someone to talk to

-hayley xoxox

Hi everyone, thanks so much for th ereplys...He had d again and wa ssick on emore time...he seems really out of it and tired, and cranky...but then he can change and run around an dbe fine...Suze- or anyone else that knoes...The rotavirus...I never really got sv;'s when I was younger my mom told me, does that mean I prob am not immune to rotavirus, if I havent gotten it before? And if im not uimmune do you think it could just cause me to have d? I am so scared...no one else is sick yet, but my sister seems to be immune to everything and never gets v sick from kids...I am afraid I am different she isnt very clean so I feel really paranoid...

carolee....rotavirus usually causes d* in adults....just keep up hand washing. i was around my best friends baby almost everyday when she had rotavirus.(she had it for 2 weeks). She spit up on me and everything and I am fine. Hope everthing gets better soon!!!